Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe Black
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Whiteline Rear Lateral Links I want to go about installing. Had a false start this weekend if you saw my thread :p.

I was checking out my FSM and was trying to find part numbers for some of the bolts/nuts since I want to replace them.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the bolts in red? And possibly the lock nuts that go with them.

Any tips for the e-brake cable and blocking one of the nuts? Do I need to disassemble the whole thing? Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, looks like a found one of them from an older post.

(bolts: 20540AA000) (nuts: 20550AA010) (washers: 900335056)

Thats for the really long bolt. Any ideas for the shorter ones?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20540AA050 <-- is that the part for the smaller bolt?

BOLT INNER LATERAL LINK ADJUST FOR 1993-1996 IMPREZA 2WD ONLY (item 31) <--- its listed as this...

·
Registered
95,L,BLUE
843 Posts
if your still wondering you just have to take the bracket off the trailing arm that goes around the parking brake cable and use a 19mm wrench to take of the nut on the longer bolt

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
inner - 20540aa111

outer - 20540aa000

·
Premium Member
2005 STI , 1998 Outback Sport
206 Posts
I just had to remove that outer bolt 2 weeks ago when i did my drum to disc swap. Dont want to scare you, but prepare for hell. I had the car the lift many times before removing that bolt, and everytime i lifted it up i sprayed those bolts with pb blaster. The passenger side bolt still failed to come out peacefully for me. I ended up having to cut the bolt and bushings out and replacing with new ones from the dealership. I did everything to try to get those bolts out, but they wouldnt budge. My cost was like $68 for the bolt both bushings and nut, that was with my discount from my shop that i work at. So dont be surprised if they failed to budge especially if the car has been a northeast car its whole life. I hope you do this with time to spare bc i did this with only 2 days left before i had to leave for school. i wish i had done this earlier bc i would have just pushed the car off the lift and ordered groupn bushings had i time for it. O well live and learn, good luck.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, thats what I'm gathering. Luckily this isn't my primary car. Maybe I should just cart it down to Area1320 and let you guys wrestle with it :p. Need a few other minor things down anyways.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got around to ordering parts. I ordered from subaruparts.com

20540AA111 x 2 (inner bolt)
20540AA001 x 2 (outer bolt)
20550AA010 x 4 (nuts)
900335056 x 8 (washers)

I have Whiteline Toe Lockout Bolts and they should take the place of the other inner bolt. I hope I ordered the right stuff :x.

I'll probably document my install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts