Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im thinking of picking up another car but i cant decide what to get, i have it narrowed down to a 1995 jeep cherokee and a 2000 crown vic police car. which on do you think gets the better gas mileage? fueleconomy.gov says the vic is better but my freind owns a jeep and says its better, just need some help thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
given my experience with a '96 cherokee and a '98 crown vic, i'd take the cherokee. if you've already got a car, there's no need for another daily driver vehicle; get something that will cover some other bases.

if you run some SeaFoam through the jeep, replace the ignition, keep the tires inflated properly, and make sure everything is well-maintained, you can expect about 21 mpg average.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya the police car has the push bar. idk eventhough the jeep will be better over all im leaning towards the vic, i mean 290 FTLBs toque with 3:27 gears seems alot of fun and i am only 18(to clarify i share th subaru with my dad this is for me) the ford is basicall what i want out of a car 4 door rwd FAST but its just the gas is whats getting me but i prob can manage with SeaFoam and intake and a nice loud exhaust thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
if you keep the vic maintained and keep your foot out of it, gas won't kill you. but it will never be cheap to drive.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wally Kincaid said:
Tough call... Normally I would take Jeep over Ford any day of the week, but the Crown Vic is five years newer. Jeeps can get VERY problematic when they get older especially since a lot of young people like to get em, abuse em, and sell em.
DING!

My friend bought a none abused one and it was still a pain in the ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts