Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan to put in an Ej205 from local importer but they dont come with an ECU - What am i looking for when im shopping for an ECU.
I live in CA so i will want to get the car smoged and Bar'd if that helps. Also i tried to search but maybe this is common knowledge.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I'm not exactly sure if this is the right spot to post this so i'm grieved if its not and sick move it on the off chance that it would be more qualified elsewhere. My inquiry is in regards to the ecu in my vehicle now. it is a 93-97 wrx ecu that was utilized close by a 1993 jdm ej20g and a td05h 16g turbo. the motor is blown so I have bought a 02-05 jdm ej205 and I don't know whether I should get another ecu too or if my current ecu will be a fitting and play kinda bargain? I additionally plan on keeping the td05h and utilizing it with the ej205 i'm getting.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
441 Posts
I don't live in California, and since nobody is just jumping on this thread with answers, I'll chime in and say it's complicated. Are you looking at ej205's with AVCS, and/or drive by cable? Because no USDM WRX ecu will control those satisfactorily, especially if you have someone expecting a USDM engine and equipment.

Is there any shops that do BAR swap cars, who are familiar with Subarus that you can ask? I don't want you to spend thousands on hardware that you can't drive legally over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts