Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about purchasing things on EBay. There are some no-name parts on there, sellers do not even list the manufacturer. I have purchased a front strut brace on Ebay yesterday. Same thing - no manufacturer listed. I figured that it is just a bar - no way they can mess it up... Still waiting for that. Well, I've been searching some more and found a no-name cold air intake (although it does come with K&N cone) and a short throw shifter. Both really cheap, but I'm worried about buying these things because of quality concerns. One thing when we're talking about a bar... So what do you guys think? Is it worth it, or should I stick to well-known manufacturers even for little things like that?

thanks!
Alex
(2001 Impreza 2.5 RS)

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
You can find some really good deals on Ebay, but there is also crap on there.
Just check around for prices.

I usually just buy fun stuff on there...but I have been eyeing some of the other things too!! ;)

If I only had tons of money!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an example of what I'm taling about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872743504

Do you think it's worth it? It does have K&N cone, but it's not a cold air intake (I guess that pipe is not long enough).

They claim they have dyno'ed the car, and this is what they got:
(Quote)
2001 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5L Horizontal 4 cylinder with 35,990 miles (EJ253 Chassis code)
Performance Intake Kit w/K&N Filter
6.4 HP Increase At the Wheels
5.5 TQ Increase At the Wheels

Does that sound believable? Do you think this is a good deal or should I opt for a cold air?

thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a generic brand rear strut bar. It does its job. For small stuff like that i dont see the point in having it be a big name brand. As far as the intake, its up to you the price does seen reasonable. But if you want a CAI and dont want to spend to much monet then go with the Gonz flow intake. its right around $100 and you dont have to get a new filter. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts