Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
I miss my GC
36 Posts
What about them did you want to know?

Thats where I have work done on my car. Talk to Christian or Tyler. They just got me my Cobb Cold Air Intake. I love it. I'm glad Christian suggested it. Pretty soon Cobb will be in the space right behind Modern. That should make our Utah meets fun...which reminds me I need to start planning that and sending emails out :run:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K, well I was just wondering if there would be anyone in these forums that knew of Modern Garage.

I was going to get a turbo kit for my 2.5 RS and I asked Modern Garage to look into it for me cause my neighbor, Tyler himself, suggested that I go down to their shop and ask about it. But they told me that it is a very bad idea to turbo it cause my car might blow. Although I still went ahead and ordered the kit from LudeSpeed they still said they would help. The only problem is that I wonder how much they are going to charge me.

I just thought it was interesting to come to find out I have been living next to Tyler for almost a year and just recently found out he works there.

·
Registered
I miss my GC
36 Posts
Well, I wouldn't say its definately going to blow on you. It just depends on how well you take care of it after the install. I think for dailey driving a supercharger is the best way to go. Contact Cobb Tuning for info on their kit. But you already bought a turbo kit...... so you most likely will not want to run more than 5lbs of boost....well, thats what shiv recommends I believe, for a tranny thats kept stock. Still, Modern will not let it leave the shop until they are satisfied with the work done. If they have any doubt, they will stop, backtrack, and make sure its done properly. You actually pay for what you get at Modern. Your turbo kit will be a spendy install, but it will be done properly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Guess is one arm and one leg. But it is worth it if you want it done right. :happynow:

·
Registered
MY00/2.5RS/Silverthorn
47 Posts
Justin, how long did it take to get your Cobb CAI from Modern Garage? I've been wanting to get one, but didn't want to wait the 2 months it seems to take everywhere else.

·
Registered
I miss my GC
36 Posts
Brood,

Took Modern 3 weeks and 2 days to get it in :eek: . I think there was a big batch just made so jump on them while you can. Even if you have to wait, it's well worth it :biggest: I let Noah drive it, and it forced him to order his JDM engine right away :drool:

Are you going to make the autocross at the E center on the 2nd???

·
Registered
MY00/2.5RS/Silverthorn
47 Posts
Yeah, I plan on being there on the 2nd. Do you know if there is a race this Sunday? My schedule says TBA. What was the price on the intake at Modern, 259? I need one of those bad :drool:

·
Registered
I miss my GC
36 Posts
There is a rally this weekend, but no autocross. The rally is in some horrible rodeo site, I do not suggest going, total waste of time, gas, money. Huge rocks there.

I couldn't say for sure how huch the intake would cost from modern, I got a mad discount through circumstances that should probably remain untold.....sorry. However, I think it will be closer to the 280 mark.....still worth it though. Best make that call today :)

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
Does anyone know when Cobb is going to set up shop in Yewtah??

Nick C.

·
Registered
MY00/2.5RS/Silverthorn
47 Posts
I've heard starting in September and finishing the move at the end of October. I'm pretty damn excited.

·
Registered
I miss my GC
36 Posts
I think Oct 5th is the projected opening weekend. Oh yes, there will be a meet planned, and I bet we'll see some colorado and idaho folks stopping by for it too :D I do not know if the Dyno will be hooked up or not :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts