Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a set of lightened pulleys but i'm deciding between a 3 pulley set from imprezars.com for $260 and a 2 pulley set for $220 from Teague's auto

The 2 pulley set is only missing the power steering pulley. I'm wondering if the addition of the power steering pulley provides any true gains over the 2 pulley set. Any opinion?

Ed

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Any additional rotating mass you remove will add horsepower. As far as how much, I don't know. The heavy crank pulley is the main gain, the other pulleys would give less gain because they are fairly light to begin with.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I will be weighing a set of lightened pullies and a set of stock pullies, paying particular interest in the smaller pullies since I'm trying to decide if making the extra pullies is really worth it... especially considering the p/s is the most expensive to make. Hopefully after I do this we'll have a little better idea of what gains are to be had by using the lightened p/s and alt. pullies. I should be able to do this at the beginning of next week.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The GFB crank pulley is underdrive and lightened. The alternator pulley in the kit is smaller which cancels the effect on it so only the other components (A/C, Power Steering) get underdriven.

I picked up one from Dale the other day, just haven't installed it yet. He had a blue set in stock when I was there.

·
Registered
410 Posts
joefocker20 said:
The Go Fast Bits Pulleys have all 3 for 220
If you can still get one of those sets. According to Dale @ Teague's Auto, GoFastBits no longer sells the 3-pulley set due to the differences with the PS pulley between models (98/99 changed the PS pulley spline count, then it was changed again (to a "pressed-on" pulley) on the 02+ WRX). So instead they now sell a 2-pulley kit which should fit any modern Subaru motor.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I got my 3 piece set from Suby Sports for $250. Even came with Gates belts! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts