Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of ordering an ej20H for my 00 2.5rs..this motor is out of a legacy and is twin turbo'd we all know...i know i have to convert it to a single turbo cause the second turbo wont clear the brake booster..

question is...is one of the factory turbos sufficient to run on a single turbo application? or wil i have to upgrade? does anyone know the size of these turbos? and is this a open, closed, or semi-deck motor? and hp. specs if anyone knows them would be nice.. thanks for the help guys...

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS MBP
963 Posts
actually there is a guy on here that has the whole motor twin turbo and all in his car... Not sure of the name... search for Legacy B4 swap or something like that

Eric

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
I don't think so. Just find a td05 16g from any EJ20g and it should bolt on fine. I know that the ej20g is the only closed deck motor although i do believe the H is basically a G with a different intake manifold, although it really doesn't matter. Closed deck or open deck doesn't really many any difference.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
If I remember right they are VF22s on the EJ20H. Little things, I would do what Derek said and get the TD05 16G if you don't want to try and keep it twin turbo. I think twin turbo is cool...

I'm sorry, I just read Supermooses sales post... he was selling a VF22 on an engine as a big turbine, that means these were VFs in the teens... not 22s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts