Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS, Sedona red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car back from the auto body shop today, and had the rust removed from my passengers quarter panel. From the outside it only looked like a 1-2 inch rust whole, but once they got into it, the rust was the size of a football. It always surprising how rust doesn't look so bad until your working on it. I'm happy I didn't put it off until the spring. For now, it's a good start.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was 250 for the rust work and $77.00 to get it painted. With the tax it came to $347.76. It was getting quite a lot of work while in the shop. In the October snow storm we got in the North East, a tree fell on it. They were working on the roof and while it was there I said to fix the passengers quarter panel because it had a 2" x 3" hole in it. In the spring I'll get the other one fixed. If I knew it was going to be under $400.00 to fix I would have done it when I got the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shopped around before I had the panel repair done. Most of the quotes I got were between 500 to 800. The shop rate seems to be the biggest variable. I also go to the shop and tell them what exactly what I want, so they can't play me.
Years ago my dad did auto body work, so telling them that seems to cut most of the games they play. He said that worst case, we'll do the work our selves, but let the shop know that their not the only way to go. That seems to bring the price down quickly.

·
Registered
99 Legacy Outback "2.5GT"
62 Posts
So I take it you're not willing to give up which shop gave you that price? I've checked with Mastercraft and a few others in the area, and I get the typical $500+ per side estimates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.