Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately making $100 a week working at dunkin' donuts puts me on a tiny budget or no budget at all really:puppy_dog... $170 car payment combined with $60 a week in awesome gas prices puts me in a rock and a hard place. I want to get some snow tires for the winter and just wanted to see what you guys/Gals where using or if you know of any place to get them cheap. (NOT USED)

· Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
3,496 Posts
I would work on getting a different job personally. I am sure there is something your good at that you could get paid a lot more for! You just gotta get yourself out there and I bet you could find something pretty quick.

Good luck!

If not I would look into buying a used wheel/tire package here on the forums. They can be had pretty cheap sometimes.

· Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a new job would be nice....but i figure any where i work is gunna suck any way. (still in high school) I was thinknig about getting them used but, wouldn't it make more since to buy new snow tires; that way I can use them for more than one season?

· Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,985 Posts
you should be looking on m3 forums for used blizzaks they have them there all the time. or you could work on a set of 15" steelies with blizzaks on them for real real cheap. you have time now to save up for tires in the winter that way you have two sets and you wont run the risk of curbing your rims in the winter.

· Registered
2017 WRB BRZ w/PP
2,001 Posts
I've had a set of these tires that I've used for the past 5 seasons and they still have almost 75% tread on them. They are great performers and I have nothing but praise for the price I paid for them. Excellent tire fort he money.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Winterforce&tireModel=M+S

Also, if you're interested, I have a set of Dunlap M3 with prolly <50% tread on them on a set of steelies that I would let go for really cheap...like really cheap. If you're interested LMK and I can try to get some pics for you.

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
i had a set of blizzak ws-50 on my passat and last winter i got the same set for my subie i would recommend them to anyone awesome tires. I bought both my sets used with very little mileage on them for under $200

· Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
13,557 Posts
I'd honestly recommend re-considering buying used tires. You can find some in VERY good condition here in the Classifieds. Remember that we're a car community, all focusing on the same basic cars, so you're not just shopping around on a dumping ground like eBay or something.

MOST people will list condition, miles accumulated, etc. with tire sales. On your budget, honestly it's a great idea. Don't forget that there's also NESIC on NASIOC, which is an enormous community (you're also in my home turf, I grew up in Salem/Pelham). Browse their Private Classifieds and you'll find something. If you don't see it, put up a Wanted to Buy thread and I guarantee you'll get some bites.

· Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
13,557 Posts
One thing...

If you DO opt for new tires versus new, online I'd suggest TireRack. For local, you've got two great ones within 45 minutes:

www.concordtire.com (I bought my Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 set from them; though it looks like they're under new management)
www.tiresupermarket.com (Maynard & Lesieur in Nashua, VERY good reputation)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.