Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ended up getting a pair of the water sprayers off of mpaone so I got started on the actual tank and pump. I looked around and didn't find anything small enough tank wise but with a good pump. Well at a local junk yard my search ended. The rear washer tank and pump from a Nissan Terrano/Pathfinder from the late 80's. Reason is that because it sits in the trucks engine bay and pumps all the way to the rear its incredibly strong and it doesn't use a massive tank either. Just for fun we set it up in the garage hooked up temp. to a friends car and managed to shoot water from the stock hood sprayers 15ft. So I'd say that's plenty strong enough for a sprayer kit. Now I just want to get ahold of another pair of nozzles and a splitter for the GC8 plus find a way to seal the splitter to the TMIC.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yah the cost of the pump and tank was $20. In case any of you wanted to know.

·
Registered
852 Posts
When do you think you'll have it hooked up?

Good find mate, this might be something I need to do myself. How are you planning to have the nozzles squirt, some sort of a toggle switch or what?

Graham

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am likely to go with the toggle switch. I know it will work and I don't need the auto setup of the STI. I am going to look for the GC8 splitter to use to hook the sprayers up. The sprayers are STI units anyways.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
just out of curiosity, couldn't you use the stock windshield washer reservoir and pump for the I/C spray. in fact, i believe that there is already the hardware to hook it up.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could, but I didn't want to be spraying washer fluid through the intercooler or to use the same tank and low end pump. I compared the stock style of pump and the little monster one from the Nissan and the Nissan pump was just so much stronger then the stock pump could ever be. You should really check out the difference between the two pumps. Its pretty noticeable. I wanted something with some serious power to put real pressure behind the nozzles.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
I SECEOND THAT MOTION~ !

Pics and a DIY write up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts