Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago I pulled my ej253 from my 05 Impreza 2.5 RS na (automatic). installed new head gaskets, VC, IM, EM gaskets, etc, new timing belt and water pump along with new tensioner pulley and idlers. Timing belt and water pump were done by previous owner not long ago, but when installing new pulley, I noticed the hole on the water pump was stripped so I went ahead and replaced it to save it from eventually causing the pulley to fail and jumping time. Also, another new belt for the lines that come painted on it.
This morning I sit the engine back in, torque everything to spec, add new oil and coolant, go to crank it up and just get like a series of clicks/taps. Battery is a year old (3/19 per sticker). I take the battery and starter to O’Reilly and had them both tested. Both passed.
I come home, reinstall starter and battery. Still nothing. My dad and I go to push it back into the garage while my son steers it and he goes from Park all the way the way thru the gears for whatever reason.
There was a buzzing like noise in every gear except for Neautral. I think. As he went thru it stopped at some point. Then followed by like a doubled up buzzing sound(s).
I’m completely lost with this.
I woke up early and ready to get this car back on road just to be left clueless. I have a video of the sound, but don’t think I can put it up on here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.