Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
00' OBS/ miss my 05' WRX...
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some quick advice whether or not I will need to pull and roll my fenders.
I just went all out and picked up a whole lot of suspension parts for my 2000 OBS and before I put everything on, I'm looking for some opinions if I should plan on pulling/rolling my fenders, or if I should just look for a smaller tire.

So here is a list of what I'm putting on my car in the next week or so.(waiting for some good weather)

-Fortune Auto 500 series Coils
-JDM sti pink lateral links
-JDM sti pink trailing arms
-V7 aluminum front control arms
-Whiteline GD wrx 2-way adjustable RSB
-Kartboy rear endlinks

And the problem child that i picked up was a set of 06 WRX wheels and I grabbed a set of really good condition Dunlop SP 01 235/45/17 tires for a great price.

I am anticipating the rear tires rubbing on the fender, and possibly the fronts if I lower the car enough. Im not looking to drop the car to the floor.. maybe looking for about a 1/2-3/4 inch wheel gap all the way around. Going for the clean look.

Im not too crazy about the look of rolled fenders so Id kinda like to avoid that if possible, but if I get some advice that I am much better off with the fender roll then I will probably go that route.

I love the meaty tires, but I also want to keep a clean, tight fit look. let me know what you guys think.

·
Enthusiast
2001 SRP L
2,513 Posts
no one can tell you for sure unless you have all of this installed.

ride height and wheel offset affects it too.

Knowing that it is a subaru wheel the offset will probably be in the 50's

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well like I said, I am going to be running around the 1.5-2" drop. the wheels are +55 offset.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
just a roll and maybe a little camber, all depends on how low, how stiff and if you have stock or upgraded sways aswell

·
Registered
95 L
1,143 Posts
You will definitely need a roll, maybe a slight pull depending on how low you go. Those lateral links/trailing arms will add 10mm widetrack, so it will push your hub out 10mm more. On that drop height that you want, I say roll, and 1.5 maybe 2 degrees of camber and you should be fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a hunch the wider track from the sti link and arms would play a large roll in the decision.
I didn't buy the add on camber plates for the rears.. I didn't really want to run any negative camber like that. I don't really want to tuck the tires into the wheel well that far, so I didn't camber plates would be too necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts