Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
5,165 Posts
From what I've read they are very much alike to the 2.5RS except they don't have the bad rear wheel bearings as often as the impreza. The legacy had better wheel bearing design so they are less likely to go out. As long as all maintenance has been done and new head gaskets are in place the car should run way past 250k miles with no problem.

· Registered
97 silver legacy gt.
398 Posts
the legacy is only 200 pounds heavier, a common thing to go on the high mileage legacys is the headgasket though... other than that it's a solid car i daily drive mine and it's great plus with some 04 sti struts and springs and some sways you'll be just as nice as the impreza. i believe both trannys are gear the same with the same final drive -4.11.

· Registered
'02 PSM 2.5 RS
1,433 Posts
Pros:
-Looks like sex!
-Comfy!
-Roomy!
-Just as good as an RS!

Cons:
-Heavier
-Headgaskets

I have seriously considered getting one, except that it would be almost the same as my RS, but heavier. For just a DD, I think they would be perfect.

· Registered
29 Posts
I had a '98 Legacy for 8 months (until some b#%ch hit me). I bought it with 125,000 km on it and ran it to 148,000 without spending a penny on anything other than oil changes. I drove the car quite hard in the snow and mud (completely stock) and didn't have a single problem.

I just recently owned an Nissan 180sx with an SR20DET, and although it was an amazing car, my Subaru was just as special in a different way. I got screwed on the insurance with the S13 (because of the JDM vin #), so I sold it an will pick up a '98-'01 2.5RS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.