Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1997 V2 GF4
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is officially unvealed!

Picked up a 97 OBS a few weeks ago, just started digging into it.

The trans and clutch were shot, so lucky for me, I picked up 95L with WRX drivetrain on the cheap, thanks foolio.

Big ups to Billy and Vince @ Broken Motorsports for the available storage space and shop time for both cars or else I would be able to do this. Money well spent.

So the WRX driveline w/kartboy short shifter came out of the 95L and went into the wagon with the hydraulic clutch set up and RS pedals (note WRX/STi pedals don't work in a 97 OBS). The neutral and reverse light switch swapped from the OBS trans to the WRX trans no problem.

Also replaced the rear main seal and bed plate that were leaking.

Car made its debut at Weasels bday bbq last night and everything works perfect, even the speedo is accurate using the cable drive from the OBS.

Obvious are the current body mods, also has STi pink rear lateral links, just need to find endlinks for them so I can hook up the sway bar. Nardi Steering wheel. STi magnaflow cat back. I also had to re-seal the Red/Clear tails as they were leaking water. Pieced together some catalytic converters because the one on the car was cracked.

The 2.2L will stay for the winter.
I have 95 Legacy wheels with WS-50s.

Future plans include.

-New RA mudflaps
-RA skidplate
-Front Aeros
-Side Skirts
-Rear disc brake conversion
-Re-install missing rear wiper
-Rear upper wing
-Roof vent.
-Interior Flocking
-Timing belt
-Water Pump
-All oil seals.
-EJ20 swap after the winter.

So my 6th "GC" project is off and running, good news is I dont think I will sell this one when im done :D

-broken motorsports bastard child is on the way.

support broken motorsports let them flock you!, buy their parts they are GC crazy!

Attachments

·
mix and match..:)
MY99 GF4 Ver6 Re-creation
840 Posts
Mcdade!!!! what up....Haven't seen you in forever..Good luck on the wagon...I just got mine back in Feb....pretty much done now..:)

Bill

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
So thats who bought the wagon I wanted to Buy :(

·
Registered
1997 V2 GF4
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Cool. What was the problem with the pedals exactly?
I took the WRX drivetrain out of a 95 L that had STi pedal set that fit fine, but when I put them in the 97 only the brake booster holes lined up. There are 3 bolts that go into the dash brace bracket and the holes didnt line up properly.

Also the clutch grabbed very close to the floor like super close. RS pedals lined up perfectly with all the holes and the clutch now engages where it should.

I just swapped the pedal pads :D

9/22: Installed fender liners in the front fenders that were missing, I took them out of the 95 L. The driver side didnt fit too well, but the passenger side worked :confused: but they are in, and I was most concerned about the passenger side because thats where the intake is.

To Do list:

I hope to have the rear wiper done this week or next, also found out the rear deffoger doesnt work so I ahve to look into that. Also have to replace all the exhaust gaskets.

·
Registered
1997 V2 GF4
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
9/23 - Rear defogger fixed, PO didnt have the switch plugged in, that was easy!

Billy and Vince are on the prowel for a 2.0L, I wasnt going to do it before the winter but the mod bug is biting me!

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
If you want, I actually have a ej207 with wiseco pistons but has a spun bearing. If you can find a ej207 crank you can spin it out to 8k! Otherwise you can just put a ej205 crank and and get the oil holes machined in and spin it like a wrx. Another option could be maybe using a ej20k crank?

All of my attempts to find one have been fruitless :(

From here:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70472

I would definitely love to sell to you mofos :)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts