1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current pic:

(more accurate current pic :lol:)

What's up guys, my name is Dylan and I'm from Spokane, WA. I've been prowling this forum for many moons but just recently nutted up and made an account. This is my second Subaru. My first was junk so I won't waste any time expanding on it. I've been into cars for a long time, but i havent really had anyone close to me that was also into cars so it was hard to gain any experience tinkering with them. A couple weeks ago I picked up my newest Subaru; a 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe in the sexy and rare Acadia Green. It took me a long time to track one down that was within my budget, but I finally found one in Portland, OR. It had high ass miles (237k), but I wasn't too worried about it because I plan on swapping it soon. Here's a picture I took on the way back home after picking it up.

It felt sooo much better than my old OBS. The 2.5 was much better than my 2.2.

The day after I got it I went to a local meet and got some 2.5rs floor mats and some basic Rally Armor mud flaps for her. Thanks Jordan!

Barely a week after I picked it up, the same friend that gave me the floor mats and flaps got some new coilovers for his GC, so he told me he'd sell me his old lowering springs for $50. I jumped on that. So, I got a bit moar low.

Before:

After:

Ended up busting one of the studs in the process. :unamused: Learn from my mistake.... Proper torque is necessary if you don't want to break ****! Don't just take an impact gun and tighten your lugs!

This weekend I'm doing my first autocross and I'm stoked to see how she'll perform. Hopefully my engine doesn't decide it's had enough and go **** up.

That's all I've got so far, sorry for not having much. I'll keep this updated with my progress. I've got tons planned for this car so hopefully I can entertain some of you folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Engine UNDER CONSTRUCTION:
-06 WRX catback
-eBay UEL headers coated and wrapped

Drivetrain:
-98 2.5RS 5 speed swap
-ACT Streetlite Flywheel
-Exedy 'Stage 1' clutch
-Stainless steel clutch line
-Red Line Lightweigh Shockproof gear oil

Suspension:
-5Zigen lowering springs
-06 WRX sway bars (20mm front/17mm rear)

Exterior Mods:
-JDM Version 4 Bumper w/ JDM beam
-Clear DEPO bumper lights
-JDM v4 fogs (searching for clear 99-03 fogs)
-JDM v5 grill
-Morimoto Mini H1 projector retrofit kit w/ 4300k HID's
-JDM clear corners
-JDM clear sidemarkers
-JDM power folding mirrors
-JDM clear taillights
-JDM rear bumper spats

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Making a to-do list here for little stuff that I feel I'm more likely to forget. This will return to something else later, but i need this right now.

-Bleed brakes
-Trans fluid
-Bleed clutch
-Rear passenger wheel studs
-Adjust e-brake
-Punch axle nuts
-Double check roll pins in axles
-Radiator

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto cross this last weekend was a blast. I have a couple videos from it if anyone cares to see them. ALSO my friend is hooking me up with a v4 sti motor soon so I'll be swapping real quick! I'm pretty stoked, I plan on doing my manual swap in a couple weeks then in a month or so the swap will begin!

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Got some spats in the mail today and bought an exhaust. I'll be trying to get lots done on my day off on Friday so I'll have pictures then! Also picking up very thing I need (except mount) for a 5mt swap on Thursday.

Question about the exhaust... I know the flange will have to be rotated, but this sucker looks long as hell. It's a catback that was on an 05 sti, will it have to be cut down a bit to fit? I picked it up super cheap so I won't be too upset of it won't work. Just tired of my stock exhaust :unamused:

Edit: snapped out of über noob mode and did a decent search. Found my answer for that.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Also, will I need long hangers? It's a 3" catback.

Edit: but not my answer for this.

Edit 2: I did need them.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im relocating to that area, well cda idaho end of this month or next month.
maybe ill see you around
Sweet, give me a heads up when you move, I'll get you into our local group and let you know when we have cruises and whatnot.

I had to give you a like just for spelling "Acadia" right.
Lol, thanks. It bugs the shit out of me when I see it wrong.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well my plan went to crap. The tranny I was going to buy tomorrow was stolen (read: sold from underneath me) so it looks like I'm staying auto for a while. Maybe this is a sign that I should buy a whole clip...

·
Registered
01 impreza obs
57 Posts
yeah il let you know when i get up there, when i first get there ima be stock till i find time to put all my turbo stuff on, im all ready for boost just gonna drive it up there stock so i dont run into any problems on the road haha

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got clear side markers and spats on today.

Was going to get my exhaust on today but I can't find my gasket maker and my jack is busted. I'm still trying to decide if it'll look better with clear side markers and corners or or amber markers and corners.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
hey nice car, unicorn here also. Your car looks like mine, except i have black 6 spokes and a jdm bumper.. keep the unicorn going.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Exhaust is on!

Little raspy, but not so much where it sounds bad. I think it sounds great and adds to the looks of the car as well. For anyone putting a GD exhaust on your GC, you'll probably need long hangars. I was hitting the bumper with my stock ones.

This is probably the last mod I'll be doing except corners, tails and maybe seats until we get a big update, so this thread will probably die for a little while.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
i have a v4 front end on my unicorn and a prodrive replica lip if you want to see what it looks like ill send you a pic.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got bored and took the reflectors out of my corners today. I finally have lights that match now!

Thinking I might get some of the clear lenses headlights are do an HID retrofit. Idfk, nothing is else semi-expensive is being purchased until after my swap. JDM tails are coming soon and then this thread will die again. I'll post again when I have updates.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts