196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Table of Contents:
Introduction: Post #1
First autocross: Post #9
Getting more serious about autocrossing: Post #20
Smaller is better: Post #28
2009 updates: Post #53
First podium! (and can we change the title of this thread to Project Autocross by now?) Post #56
iPhone pictures of shiny bits: Post #57

I call this project Oddball because this car is always the oddball at the CTSubie meets I go to. But I don't care, because even the STi guys like my car. However, when you're the only car without a hoodscoop, and you're the only blue that doesn't rally, you stand out a bit.

But here's my car. There will be forced induction eventually; I'm still debating between a turbo or a Vortech supercharger. I'm leaning on the latter, actually, if but for the low end torque and power that will be autocross useful. I have Axis Reverb hollow spoke wheels, 18x7.5 but those are currently off the car. I bought them used with 245s on them, and they rub something horrible because I've dropped the car on Cobb 2008 WRX springs at all corners, and I can't afford 225s until the spring. Finally, I have a GTSpec 2008 STi front strut brace on the car, and the 2005 WRX Momo shift knob to round out the interior. Here are the most recent pictures, right after having the springs installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Sexxxy!!! I like it bro. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
looks like a unique project. keep us updated! one thing to suggest, GET RID OF THAT FRONT PLATE!!

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
Personally, since you mentioned you wanna turbo or supercharge...I'd go with supercharge cause its a bit more unique on a scoob, and you will get all around power, as apposed to only having power passed a certain rpm/gear when the turbo is spooled up.

Also nice ride.

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, going to my second autocross this weekend. So right now, all of the modifying isn't happening to my car; it's happening to me.

Since I just got my first big, out-of-college job and I'm trying to move out, there won't be any more modifications to the car until next summer. But after I get new, fitting tyres for my rims (225s is what I'm getting), the next modification will be a Perrin rear sway bar to help with the wicked understeer I'm getting

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
I love that wheel a color combo. I would start exterior modding now!! Paint that chrome piece on the hatch and get the STI grill. And tint the tails with that red stuff!

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tails will not be tinted. I really like the way they look, frankly. Right now, I get to have a really fun mod: paint.

Seems some pricks have not understood that people are supposed to respect other people's stuff. So I've had my car damaged twice in parking lots in "hit and run" incidents - meaning I have to pay for this all out of pocket. The first time, someone scraped my rear bumper with the screws that hold their license plate on, and that took off the clear, paint, and brought me right down to the black plastic of the bumper. Second time, someone very obviously opened their car door into my rear driver's side door, very, very hard. That one put a rather sizeable dent in the door, right through a character line. In addition, there's also some damage lower down, where the other door scraped through my clear and damaged the paint. Pictures are below. So, this is a friggin' problem because I work 5 days a week, and this is my daily driver. I hope I can get the time to get this fixed soon, because I hate my car not looking good. When I do get this fixed, though, I'm going to ask the guy at the shop how much more it will cost to get the chromed plastic bar painted body color.

However, this puts me back on buying new parts for my car. So I guess my sport grill and rear sway bar are put on an even longer hold. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the general populous?

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
dude, thats fuckin bullshit, if that happened to me id for real go bizzerk and start lashing out beatings, sorry bout what happened to ya man

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There was nobody for me to go berserk on. Both were "hit and run" style. I came back and found my car like that. No notes, no nothing. Just "oops, sucks to be you!" Like a giant middle finger from society.

·
Registered
1996 Imp Brighton, Acadia Gree
464 Posts
yea i fuckin hate people too. but its hard to say that i wouldnt do the same thing.

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
That really sucks... And right on a damn corner too! I feel for you; In January my car was on the receiving end of a hit and run that cost $4k.

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like this picture way too much not to post it :-D

From earlier today at autocross :)

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New modification, to the driver, not the car :) I got my own helmet in anticipation of this Sunday's autocross :)

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are some pictures from this weekend, in Stratford. What a fun time. Don't mind the class classification; I was misclassed.

And here are the mods I installed today, getting ready for the winter (well, not the wheels, those are on for a photoshoot later this month):

1 - 20 of 79 Posts