Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 · (Edited)
Jakey what up! Your old pics don't work so I can't see your progress :(

I didn't know you were originally an auto. Did r&h do the at->mt swap? I'm gonna be doing that soon too.
Yep, bolted all in. Problem now is the wiring harness. No cruise control. And I don't know if the problems I'm having I just listed are due to the auto-manual swap.

Hey do you have any more complete pictures of the engine bay (preferrably the routing of the coolant lines coming from the expansion tank on the left side of the engine bay? Also what pressure ratings are the caps on both your radiator and the expansion tank? Im having issues with my set-up just curious as to how yours is. Thanks

--Justin
Sorry about the late reply. Finals killed me. :(

Obviously some bells and whistles missing there.

I was wondering if people knew what the part is called that goes around the shifter. I guess there's a plate and some lining that goes around the shift linkage so I won't hear any noise from the outside. The noise is a little annoying. Anyone know the part number?

Also, is there a spring set or something that goes around that too? If I shift into neutral it doesn't go into the center, so finding 5th and 3rd gear can be a challenge.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Hot weather today. About 80F? So the car ran a little slower.

I did a 3rd gear pull and I heard some weird crackling noise (like when you crumple plastic candy wrappers together) and the warning light for the boost came on early. About 4500 rpm?
What is this noise?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.