Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Impreza w/WRX Swaped
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself, and start a thread about my new Subaru Swap. Hope you enjoy!

Well, I’ve decided to move away from my days with a Mitsu.(10 years) I was looking for a change, and the timing and circumstances were right for me to work on and obtain a Swapped GC8.
The idea for the car is to be a badass example of what Kale’s Custom can create, a fast, yet comfortable Daily Driver, which can also handle the weekend warrior tasks of competing in the New England HillClimb series, while finding a few track days along the way.
For now, the car is being put together with a USDM EJ2.0 Engine, Drive train and interior. Later, as funds become available, the car will eventually be turned into an STi Swap.
All of the work has been done through Joey Kale of Kale’s Custom in Burlington Vermont.
www.kalescustom.com
Joey does an awesome job, and I could not be happier with how things are coming. Anyway, here are some pictures of the progress. Hope you all enjoy.
95 Impreza Shell Completely Seam Welded.

Cage welded in, body work getting there

Subaru Pearl White Paint gets its first coat!

I love a clean look

Interior coming together

·
Registered
95 Impreza w/WRX Swaped
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cage

Genuine Prodrive WRC Spoiler – Fiberglass

Burns Stainless Muffler. Weighs about 1 ib. Will be a custom exhaust

P.S. Here is my old car, which was just sold.

Here is my motivation for the new car

I’m not new to Subaru, but I am fairly new to owning one. I look forward to contributing to the community.
Thanks for looking !
-Dan

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS(no more T)
112 Posts
The car is starting to look good. How much did the seam welding cost? My car has a lot of creaks and groans and I'd like it to feel more solid.

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
I was just looking at this over at VT rides. Joey does great work, looks like this project is up to par with everything else I've seen from him. I'll have to stop by and check it out when I'm in Burlington this weekend. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Yeah, this thread looks somehow familiar...

·
Registered
95 Impreza w/WRX Swaped
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, a lot of us are on the same forums, however some of us are not, and I wanted to make sure to reach as many people as I could as this car is also a kind of promotional piece for Joey and his new shop.

Final Price for the car is not quite determined.

Joey is going to be at the Burke Mountain Hill Climb competing this weekend, so the shop is not going to be open. Sorry about that.

The car is not a widebody for the time being, however, it is certainly not out of the question for the future.

I'll look into the member journal you mentioned. Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
2015 WRX
2,350 Posts
Joey is going to be at the Burke Mountain Hill Climb competing this weekend, so the shop is not going to be open. Sorry about that.
Oh, right. I knew that. One of my buddies is putting a VF22 on his swap and wanted Joey to base tune it. I just remembered he's away this weekend. Oh well.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:. I'll say it again. I absolutely love white on an RS.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Look hard at that pic, its something about the white wheel wells that makes me like it, makes the car look "full". Kinda hard to explain but i love it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice car...your DSM looks awesome too...i also had DSM. by the way, i'm just curious if you had to do any modification to make the GD dash fit into a GC bodystyle

1 - 20 of 29 Posts