Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1061 - 1080 of 1497 Posts

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,063 ·
I used a WRX coolant header tank with a custom bracket, mounted on the passenger side strut tower to feed coolant to the turbo. For return, I used a 1/2" hose and returned it to the passenger side cylinder head. Make sure that if you use a WRX header tank, disable the stock radiator cap vent valve by removing the plunger. You need that nipple open for the coolant to overflow from the header tank to the radiator. I have the header tank w/cap and bracket if you want it. $30 shipped USPS Priority and its yours!! I'll even include instructions if you need it.

For oil feed, I had a custom braided line/banjo fitting made at a local hydraulic shop, with an oil restrictor for the BB section of my VF34. For return, I used a straight 5/8" rubber hose also returning at the passenger side cylinder head.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,403 Posts
Hey joe for my license plate I'm gonna put

DIM MAK

Wait for it......

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,067 ·
I would, but Hawaii only allows 6 characters for license plates.

Unless I do "OK USA"

·
Registered
Shoelace Express (Walking)
876 Posts
^ Yeah do it :)

Has the new RS settled in yet?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,071 ·
^ Yeah do it :)

Has the new RS settled in yet?
-Just slapped unpainted V5/6 front lip and fog covers (not pictured).

-Replaced the airbox, threw in a K&N panel filter, and made a DIY CAI from the other car's piping. Installed a Hyper Ground kit (also not pictured)

-Replaced the beat up Stromung muffler for a Magnaflow muffler.

That's it. It's still slow. :(

OMG dude your avatars are hilarious...
I think this is my favorite.

·
Registered
17 Chevy Cruze
2,572 Posts
So how is the family and house stuff coming along. You guys were trying to move right?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,073 ·
Not so soon. We're prioritizing our debt still. Won't be for a couple years.

·
Registered
07 Civic SI / 97 Miata M
757 Posts
Cars coming along man!

Dude, I am experiencing some SERIOUS haters/doubters on my project... Geeze, I am ready to punch someone the next time they ask me why I just don't buy a WRX... FFFFF

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Cars coming along man!

Dude, I am experiencing some SERIOUS haters/doubters on my project... Geeze, I am ready to punch someone the next time they ask me why I just don't buy a WRX... FFFFF
Add them to your ignore list, simple

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,076 ·
T
Cars coming along man!

Its as far as it'll get haha!!.

Tell those motherfuckers to STFU!! They can take their high insurance car on a run with you and you and you can embarrass them.

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
Yo Joe I Joined the 2.5l side too with a 2000 Legacy Brighton Wagon.

I always liked this body-style Legacy & like that it is bigger than my OBS & it has anchor points for up to 3 car seats in the rear (I only use 2 of these spots).

It is stick & has a K&N drop-in air filter, OBX EL headers, Prodrive Axleback, 2.25" midpipe, H&R springs on fresh struts, Ebay crank pulley, 17mm RSB, 17x7.5 Rota Action Wheels, 215/45-17 tires, Tint, Rear Spoil, & JDM Front Bumper.

I have JDM Tails & Side skirts to go on the car & although it beats the hell out of our old '96 OBS it is SUPER Slow compared to my OBS-t....lol....

·
Registered
17 Chevy Cruze
2,572 Posts
Cars coming along man!

Add them to your ignore list, simple
T

Its as far as it'll get haha!!.

Tell those motherfuckers to STFU!! They can take their high insurance car on a run with you and you and you can embarrass them.
You need to learn to not let it bug you, I love them its one of the few reason I continue my build.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,079 ·
Agreed. There are members that tell you to get a WRX when they don't even own one...NASIOC for instance, and some here.....

Carlos, are you ghetto boosting your "brand used" 2.5L too?

·
Registered
07 Civic SI / 97 Miata M
757 Posts
You need to learn to not let it bug you, I love them its one of the few reason I continue my build.
The only reason it irritates me is because they talk to me like I have NO idea what I am talking about.

However, it is very motivating to get it done.

1061 - 1080 of 1497 Posts