Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 1432 Posts

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Started up like a champion.
Only problem is that my oil pressure guage is reading 0psi.

What could it be?
All I can think of is the oil pressure sensor went bad or maybe the gasket in the oil pump shifted when i installed it.

What should I be looking for to diagnose this problem?

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #168 (Edited)
Well it is going on Wednesday....but I am still running on my old 800 injectors. Need to get my new 1350s installed and get it tuned before I can make a proper pass. I am going to go to the strip and watch tomorrow. Still on the break-in anyways

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,931 Posts
Well I had multiple boost leaks.
Fixed most of them.
Only have one left that I cant find. I know it is near the TB, but I cant pinpoint it at all even with soapy water.
That's where a fog machine comes in handy...Hopefully you know someone with a shop who has one...

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
That's where a fog machine comes in handy...Hopefully you know someone with a shop who has one...
Sadly I dont...

Guess im going to replace the TB gasket and see if that does it. If not, I might have a cracked intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
Well, dropped off the car in Syracuse,ny for tuning on saturday.
Still waiting on him to gimme a call and let me know when it's done.

Shouldnt be too long, only asked him to do two things really...
1) Swap out my 800 injectors and put in the new 1350s with custom aluminum mounts
2) Street Tune the car for pump gas

So should be ready any day now...

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
No way im going to have any good times down the strip with my current tires.
Running the crapiest of the crapiest tires. Nexen N3000s.

In a few months I am looking into getting some 04 BBS rims in black with the new Hoosier Drag radials.

So temporarily, I want a drag radial that can fit on my 17 x 7 rim. Looking at 225/45/17.

Some good but cheap drag radials...
Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
Selling the RS, Lexus is250
231 Posts
Hey man, read through every post, you have no clue how much this inspires me to turbo my 2.5 The only thing is I am seventeen and drive an hour to school everyday, so all of my money goes into gas. I am broke. But this summer I hope to pull my ej25 and hope to get like a 97 jdm wrx swap. Also, are those custom fuel rails? I saw that you said you are running 800cc injectors? I have some ordered and now seeing that you have a differrent fuel rail, will I need a bigger one? And also did you mount your coilpack on the back of your engine bay and not on the top of the head? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Hey man, read through every post, you have no clue how much this inspires me to turbo my 2.5 The only thing is I am seventeen and drive an hour to school everyday, so all of my money goes into gas. I am broke. But this summer I hope to pull my ej25 and hope to get like a 97 jdm wrx swap. Also, are those custom fuel rails? I saw that you said you are running 800cc injectors? I have some ordered and now seeing that you have a differrent fuel rail, will I need a bigger one? And also did you mount your coilpack on the back of your engine bay and not on the top of the head? Thanks!
Yeh...gas money sucks. Well, unless you go with a better fuel like E85. :p The billet fuel rails were custom made by Vishnu Performance in Cali. Which fuel rail are you currently running? and which injectors did you order? I havent had coil packs for years now. I am running a electromotive Direct Firing unit. Same idea as an aftermarket ignition box. What's amazing is that this unit can supply spark for applications into the 21,000rpm range. Pretty incredable if you ask me. The unit is mounted on the firewall behind the strut bar.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh, I guess whatever i saw was something that looked like the coilpack at the back of the engine bay. But I have stock fuel rails. Are they big enough to hold a bigger cc injector? I ordered four side feed 800 cc injectors. I am also really scared about any difference in HP gain, I know that you are boosted, but there are not any locals around here with subarus to help, but what should i expect?

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
The stock fuel rails should work fine for now...
But...
are you simply going to put the new injectors in? or are you planning on also installing a Fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump (walbro)? Also, what engine management are you running?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, my plans are on a budget, but I hope to get higher capacity fuel lines, a high flow fuel pump, an oil to air seperator, and try to keep it simple. But engine management wise, My grandfather owns a mechanic shop where I have learned to build American cars since I was eight. But, twice a month I usually go by, do code scans, fuel injector cleaner, check the gaskets, all the fluids, all the works.

161 - 180 of 1432 Posts