Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 1432 Posts

·
Registered
White 'n Brighton.
192 Posts
couldnt handle the awesomeness of the GT30! let me know if you figure out what caused this. im building a similar setup at the moment (GT30R twinscroll, EJ255w/205 heads) and i want to avoid as much of your misfortune as possible! good luck!

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Well found out what it was that caused the HG to go prematurely. When I put everything together, I used the included instructions that came with my arp studs. Said to torque the heads to 72ftlbs. Followed the instuctions. Got it started up and noticed a coolant leak from the driver side. Learned by talking to people and searching the forums that the nuts need to be torqued on the higher side. Near 85. So I tightened the driverside head to 85. Completely forgot to do the passenger side, since it wasn't leaking. So it sat at 72. Then upped the boost and boom. Leaking HG since it was torqued in too loose. By this time, ithe HG was done and had to replace it.

Just finished puting in a new HG, cleaned the surfaces up nice, got a spare cometic HG, copper sprayed it and installed it.
Good as new.

Up next: timig belt, tranny, radaiator and start up.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
**UPDATE**

New STM slim battery kit

New Timing belt guide:
The old stocker was garbage. Kept bending and cutting into my timing belt. FInally decided to get the Cosworth billet belt guide after going through 3 timing belts.

New HG on and head torqued on:

Last up is tranny and timing. woot woot

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 WRXS
306 Posts
awesome another SRP Turbod with angel eyes i guess im not the only one, but i do gotta ask, where did you get your fogs at or are they just stockers with KC covers attached?

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
141 - 160 of 1432 Posts