Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1432 Posts

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
yes it is rotated since the charge is facng up.

Looks awesome, like all others say...VIDEO!

Wanted to ask if you did anything special on the EWG to get the flow better...i did a similar setup with mine but tried to get the tube in the exhaust angled a bit.
Nothing special done with the wastegate really...
Do you have any pics of your set-up? How many degrees did you have the tube for the WG angles in the dp?

Bunch of old pics from a few months ago when I took everything out of the car to re-wrap it...

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
Like many people i suppose I just tried to get the best angles that where allowed for the spaces....tight fit down there :p I did leave a half moon piece of the pipe in the uppipe to "catch" and direct some of the exhaust gases into the EWG.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Damn...still no start.

No spark, eventhough the Direct firing units are getting power (checked with meter). Also, there is no power going to the injector wires.

So I most likely got a wiring issue and/or magnetic sensor isnt correclty lined up with the trigger wheel. Going to rewire today and see what happens.

Tec-3 is a bitch to set up...

misaligned a bit...
but ive already moved it 5 times and rpms still wont register on the computer...weird

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Check your grounds?

checked everything. The computer shows all the sensor correclty connected. If magnetic sensor for the trigger wheel went bad, the Tec-3 would tell me on the laptop.

So at this point im pretty lost...
But who knows, might be able to get it to work...

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Turns out the 3/8" magnetic sensor burned out. That is why I wasn’t getting an RPM reading at all.

Ordering the better 1/2" magnetic sensor and having a bracket fabricated. Should be up and running real soon now. At least I found out what was wrong. Was getting pretty aggravated..lol

·
Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
1,661 Posts
haha your not the only one that is getting aggravated lol, congrats on figuring out wtf was wrong with it. its been over a year 1/2 since my car has worked and i just figured it out not to lang ago my self so i feel your pain trust me..

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Replaced the magnetic sensor and boom...Started right up.

Not too much left ot do now...just gotta tighten the arp head stud bolts after a few heat cycles. Got myself a small antifreeze leak from the cometci head gaskets. Im sure it just needs to be tightened down again. Prob backed off a bit.

Starting the 500 mile breakin today.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
Turns out I got some major catastrophic problems that I'll have to tear everything appart.
1) got a bad head gasket (150 miles on it) it didn't seal right and I'm dripping a small amount of antifreeze. Tried to tighten the arps bit it didn't help.
2) clutch is shot. Goes right to the floor even with 2 hours of bleeding. No more bubbles at all in there but it still goes right to the floor. thought it would be the master or slave, but it still bleeds normally... So I donnowhat to do...

·
Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
4,673 Posts
Turns out I got some major catastrophic problems that I'll have to tear everything appart.
1) got a bad head gasket (150 miles on it) it didn't seal right and I'm dripping a small amount of antifreeze. Tried to tighten the arps bit it didn't help.
2) clutch is shot. Goes right to the floor even with 2 hours of bleeding. No more bubbles at all in there but it still goes right to the floor. thought it would be the master or slave, but it still bleeds normally... So I donnowhat to do...
:_sure: That fuckin sucks.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Did you get those three things fixed?

When are you going to drive it?

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #119 (Edited)
Did you get those three things fixed?

When are you going to drive it?
1) Clutch: Going to try and get it vacuum bled like GF8er suggested in one of my other posts. If not, guess ill try replacing the slave then the master.
2) Headgasket: Ordered my new cometic HG last friday. Should have it tomorrow. Then should have it all fixed and ready to go for friday. Have 160 miles on the motor so far. Want to be able to at least be able to break in the clutch.

101 - 120 of 1432 Posts