Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 1432 Posts

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Looks like a good build. You got a pretty good price on it too. I had a good deal on a car just like it. I won't say the price but I'll say it was less than half of what you payed for your car. Plus it ran. Had a full swap, brembos, 6mt and all.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well....it's all done....
Motor is completely apart and it is time to drop it off at the machine shop for a hot tank session, hone, and deck. Hope to have it back together with my forged internals in a month. Tranny is a different story...

Killed 2 bits on those covers....pretty ridiculous!

Anyone need sti pistons and rods?
I have 2 sets of sti rods and one set of pistons....

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Got the block back from the machine shop finally yesterday. Had it hot tanked, honed for my CP pistons, cleaned, and the eagle rods checked to make sure they were ok.

Today, my 2005 LGT transmission came through R+L Carriers. Not too happy about the transmission. I was under the impression that it was a complete tranny. For what I paid, it should have included the transmission, sensors, wiring harness, dip stick, throw out bearing, fork, cover shift link, and the stubs. Instead I got only the transmission box and that’s it. Pretty pissed about it. Hope I can use most of the missing parts off of my blown 2.5rs tranny…hope…

Going to assemble the shortblock on the weekend and get this thing back together.

Next I have TWE fully built SOHC heads and an aquamist HSF-5 kit to put on and im done.

Block:

Canabolized tranny that im going to have to piece together:

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
RS transmission has 2 sensors and a hanress coming off the front differential...

Then new LGT gearbox has the locations for the sensor but am unsuare if I can reuse RS sensors and wiring.

Can RS and Legacy parts incterchange at all?

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Had about an hour free today so I began reassembling the shortblock.

1. Crank washed
2. Eagle rods cleaned
3. Put ACL race rod bearings in
3. Checked every clearance
4. ACL Race Main bearings put in
5. Crank lowered into block half

Have about a week before my head parts from TWE come in so I am only going to do 1 hour a day of fun time with the block.

Anyways, here are a few pics...

More to come. Stay tuned.

41 - 60 of 1432 Posts