Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

221 - 240 of 1432 Posts

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Just the stock one, with 124k on it. The reverse gear works but, makes a clicking noise. Sometimes 1st grinds when I try to put it in fast (That's what she said). Other than that, it's a solid trans. If I were to drive it like a daily, it'd be fine, but I don't plan on that :lol:

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Is this the Spec clutch you sold me?
Damn thing won't hold more than 2 psi. :(

I had two Spec clutch discs. One of them was soaked and the other one I used and held the power great. I threw away the soaked one and sold you the one that I bought afterwards.

That is really weird. It goes to 2lbs and slips completely?

-Ben

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #225 (Edited)
Is this the Spec clutch you sold me?
Damn thing won't hold more than 2 psi. :(
If the disc is the problem, I am more than happy to refund you the amount for a new one. Send me pictures of it. Just want to compare with the FS pics I had...

EDIT: Joe, sent you a PM
EDIT2: Jeezus, just got off the phone with SPEC. A new clutch disc (SUD073F) is $294.50 + shipping.
I don't know what we should do. Sold you the clutch for $150 shipped (Fedex Ground was $65.10). What do you
want to do?
EDIT3: Payment refunded

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Well , motor is out...
Will post pics of the head/valves tonight. Hope the valve is still good. TWE valves are from canada and 20 bucks each. Great...
320 bucks on valves. Sounds fun..

Sucks man :/

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
320 bucks on valves. Sounds fun..

Sucks man :/
Dont get me wrong, they are very strong valves. But at 20 a piece, that's a little much for our cars. It is 20 Canadian though. But the Canadian dollar is almost as strong as the US dollar.

-Ben

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
How many miles has that motor been together? I'm gonna assume not a lot.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you had a little bit of a rich tune? :lol:

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
cracked ring land? It looks like 3 cylinders were running great and one is running on a oil mixture :)

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
How many miles has that motor been together? I'm gonna assume not a lot.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you had a little bit of a rich tune? :lol:
Motor was together for about 400 miles. Tune was conservative but by no means rich.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
cracked ring land? It looks like 3 cylinders were running great and one is running on a oil mixture :)
Cracked ringland really? These CP pistons have 400 miles in em. Never went over 20 psi on them. What causes them to crack? SB was build by Ron over at Raw/Axis performance. Can't imagine he gaped the rings incorrectly.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Well I would say you have two options. One it is oil from the block side, ie ring land. Option 2 it is from the head side. So maybe valve stems seals or a valve guide?

Since you mentioned earlier about the injector. Maybe you ran lean on that cylinder. I don't know I'm just speculating but it appears everything is all good except that cylinder.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #235 (Edited)
Well I would say you have two options. One it is oil from the block side, ie ring land. Option 2 it is from the head side. So maybe valve stems seals or a valve guide?

r.
That is exactly what I was thinking. But here is a thought. Haven't brought it up before though. When you look into the exhaust port, only one valve is leaking a lot of oil into the exhaust port. The other exhaust valve in the same port is bone dry.

So if it were a ringland wouldn't both valves on the exhaust port be wet?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Not necessarily. If the crack is on one side compared to the other or down the center line I assume the oil would go out the closest hole it can find. Since you have the heads off you are only a few minutes away from pulling the wrist pin and checking out the piston.

If it is a ring land you are luck you have forged pistons. Stock pistons disintegrate while forged generally just start blowing oil.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Not necessarily. If the crack is on one side compared to the other or down the center line I assume the oil would go out the closest hole it can find. Since you have the heads off you are only a few minutes away from pulling the wrist pin and checking out the piston.

If it is a ring land you are luck you have forged pistons. Stock pistons disintegrate while forged generally just start blowing oil.
true. I'll pop out the piston in the AM and see what I got.
Thanks for the help Brydon

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
Well...I think my faith in man kind is gone.
In the past, I have built longblocks myself. I had to learn the hard way that gaping rings has to be done very carefully.

Well, I listened to a few members and decided to pull the "bad" piston out and take a look at it. Here is what I found after 500 miles.

221 - 240 of 1432 Posts