Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 1432 Posts

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Uh...engine management for your subaru I mean. You can't run 800cc injectors on the stock ecu.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Why did you order the 800cc injectors so soon then?

Turbo build? Injectors should be near the back of your list..
Much more important things to do first.

·
Registered
Selling the RS, Lexus is250
231 Posts
Oh damn, good thing they have not shipped yet :) wew, well my friend said if I wanted immediate horsepower gains to get higher cc injectors, I mean with my budget there is absolutely no way to turbo my car unless somehow money just appeared in my hands. But, well, guess I will find some more bang for the cheaper buck

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L Brilliant Red
2,113 Posts
Woah holy shit. I just wen't through your entire thread, and just seen "syracuse NY" Out of the corner of my eye lmao. Wow. Great build up man. My buddy goes to alfred state. And your car is pretty damn awesome.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
Your car is gorgeous, I'm considering doing a swap down the line. What kinda WHP you get on the STi motor with your mods?

Wanna swap for a 4 door :] more doors = more power!
Woah holy shit. I just wen't through your entire thread, and just seen "syracuse NY" Out of the corner of my eye lmao. Wow. Great build up man. My buddy goes to alfred state. And your car is pretty damn awesome.
Thanks Guys!

It is at the shop right now and tuning should be done for monday. I needs a completely new map from scratch. So it is taking a bit of time. I should be looking at about ~450awhp on 93 octane. When I get it back on monday, I'm throwing the car onto a mustang dyno and see if I'm right. Then off to the drag strip...

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #187 (Edited)
Well, it turns out that the 1350cc injectors I wanted to put in are pretty much useless for me. My plan was to run pump gas for now and in the near future throw an E85 tune in there. Turns out that the injectors are nearly impossible to get to idle propery on pump gas since they are so large. Also, since I have an aftermarket fuel rail, the injectors dont fit correctly, even though I was told that they would. So...I was stuck reusing my 800s for now.

Pretty shitty, but whatever, Maxing out the injecotrs. Even went 5% over the max duty cycle.

@ 20psi the 6262 rocks. Rips through second/third gear like no other.

Next up is a full sequential fuel injector setup and Kingborne custom spark plug wires. Damn you crappy magnicore.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
480whp hmmm. Mid 10's?

I wanna see an in car video when you go down the track!

Nah...I couldn't get the 1350cc injecotrs to work right. No 10s.
I'll be in the 11s with these puny 800 injectors for now... :<

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
Well...I got suckered into puting it onto the dyno....
Had a small weird ticking...but put it on anyways
Made 370whp and 375wtq on a STMs mustang dyno at 15psi.

Pretty shitty...really dissapointed. Damn you puny 800cc injectors...
1000s going in in 2 weeks and retune/dyno. Common 450....power!

Edit: realized im prob restricted by my RS intake and exhaust a bit. Going to need to go with a cosworth Intake soon and maybe some big ass equal length headers.

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #191 (Edited)
Well...run 4 didnt print out right....

whatever...here is my run at 17psi

Edit: Btw, the car was road tuned and has never seen a dyno until last night. Pretty good curve for a road tune if you ask me!
"944 Enhancement" in Marietta, NY knows their shit! Chris White for all your Electromotive standalone needs!

·
Premium Member
Drag 00 Impreza 2.5 RSTI
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #194 (Edited)
So...i've just been told by a few people/shops that I have a flow problem since the torque curve starts to die after 5000rpm. Most likely it is the RS heads restricting flow. Pretty shitty. Built em up for nothing i guess.

They'll be in the "for sale" section of rs25 soon.
Any pre-sale interest?

Fully built 2.5rs heads w/port and polish, delta 2000 cams, TWE dual springs, TWE dual Springs, TWE SS nitrile valves

TWE website: http://www.techworkseng.com/Products/Subaru_Engine_Cams.htm

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
nice build, but one thing that worries me is how high your IDC´s are. you really don´t want them higher then like 85%, otherwise they don´t perform as they should and you have no room for more fuel if you have a boost spike.

anyways those are some nice numbers and i can´t wait to see what time in the 1/4 this puts down.

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Nice. I really wish I had a TIG welder so I could make shit like that.

Sorry to hear about the numbers, that blows. Once you are actually making that turbo sweat a little, you'll be making some decent power.

Do you have the EJ251 or 253 heads? One of the two are really good flowing heads but, having some dual cam heads would probably have some better flow. For an intake, you could just buy an 05+ N/A intake.

181 - 200 of 1432 Posts