Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am curious if anyone knows where I can buy a Prodrive P1 Front Lip (GC8), replica or not. I have decided that this is the lip I want, so if anyone knows where I find one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Graham

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
alex aka imprezer was making a CF P1 lip. from all i know, he is the only one that is making them, but i don't know what's going on with the GB.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then thats over on i-club then, hmm.

Graham

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a great looking piece, but didn't it say they were about to get them? Also, that piece isn't cheap, and us RS guys can't be positive about its fitment since it is for a UK GC8.

I talked to someone on i-club, and he said that the vendor Irvine Subaru is selling them. I PM'd him, and i'll let you guys know.

Graham

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! His car looks really good. Anyone know where he bought that lip? I just emailed him, so we'll see...

I would imagine that the UK company would ship to the US, it would just cost a little more though.

Graham

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i thought that you have to be a P1 owner to be able to get P1 parts. i might be wrong.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My understanding is that is only for the 22B. But, both are made by Prodrive, and both are limited production cars, so maybe it is true...

Graham

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
939 Posts
IIRC, some vendor was selling genuine ones on the club formerly known as i-club. :rolleyes: They were like ~400-500 though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SWEET! You got a hold of those guys? Good job. Please let us know when they tell you a price, because it doesn't say on the website.

Also, I got word from Irvine Subaru, and they are letting Genuine P1 lips go for $530.17, which is a bit pricey in my book.

Thanks for the info.

Graham

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
for 500 bucks, i'll get a different front bumper all together. it is pricey.

hey, how about the P1 foglights and foglight cover? what's the price on those?

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Hi David,

The P1 front lips are fibreglass, and cost £200.00 including painting. Shipping would add £60.00 to you.
A total of £260.00 or $400.00

Regards
David
DRMotorsport
www.drmotorsport.co.uk
400 bucks... not bad really considering painting. If I had 400 bucks I'd probably go for it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, thats not TOO bad. I am not a fan of the fiberglass, but I am sure I can live with it. The only problem I see with the painting is color matching. England didn't get the Midnight Black Pearl or Blue Ridge Pearl did they? I am sure they got slightly different colors. Hmmm.

Graham

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza W"RS"X BRP
189 Posts
Colors available

Of course they did...In 2000-01, no Impreza was available in Rally Blue, only Blue Ridge Pearl...Oh and its probably MY99-MY00 overseas...Over here its MY00-MY01

Zee

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 2 P1 front lips in stock and yes retail is 530.17 but Prodrive doesn't make anything without extensive R&D to improve the aerodynamics and they use better than stock material. If you bump a curb with the P1 lip well you might scuff the paint with fiberglass you won't be as lucky. The real thing is worth every penny.

Troy

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know that is why I like the polu-urethane material more, its just more durable. But, I guess you get what you pay for right.

Graham

1 - 20 of 27 Posts