Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking into these springs. I currently use Ver. 6 sti springs on excel G's. How much more different will these springs be in terms of ride height and comfort, etc. ?

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,716 Posts
I had the V5/6 pink springs and Excel-Gs for about 5? years.. Very comfy.

Recently switched to AGX and the P11L Prodrive springs. My ride height is a bit taller now and these springs feel a tad stiffer. I found the pink springs to be more comfortable but certainly capable for spirited driving. The P11Ls are a notch better at handling for me, at the expense of some comfort.

They're both great setups.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the V5/6 pink springs and Excel-Gs for about 5? years.. Very comfy.

Recently switched to AGX and the P11L Prodrive springs. My ride height is a bit taller now and these springs feel a tad stiffer. I found the pink springs to be more comfortable but certainly capable for spirited driving. The P11Ls are a notch better at handling for me, at the expense of some comfort.

They're both great setups.
I will say I like the lowered look with the V6 springs, cant say id want the ride height any taller.

Are you referring to these pinks? And would these drop or raise the height of where I'm currently at?
STI Front Coil Spring - GC8 - RHDJapan
STI Rear Coil Spring - GC8 - RHDJapan

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,716 Posts
Yes, those.

The height increase isn't monumental by any means.

V5/6 with Excel-Gs

P11L with AGX

·
Registered
2000 OBSTi
500 Posts
I think its more accurate to put the "Prodrive" in quotes and not the Eibach.

You want to talk to 2Pot who did the legwork to get these springs made or maybe find a couple of the active discussion threads about the springs, I guarantee your questions have been asked/answered before.

·
Registered
'95 JDM WRX wagon 2.5T
235 Posts
v5sti 223/185 and v6sti 237/195 springs are shorter, in free length, as they are designed for inverted struts.

Front inverted GC strut v front non-inverted GC AGX strut.
Inverted strut springs can dislodge at full droop, if used on a non-inverted strut.

Shorter P1 194/157 spring for inverted struts v P11L spring (and wr15r/t 228/200) - both redesigned and lengthened to fit inverted and non-inverted struts.

·
Registered
'95 JDM WRX wagon 2.5T
235 Posts
i have been looking into these springs. I currently use Ver. 6 sti springs on excel G's. How much more different will these springs be in terms of ride height and comfort, etc. ?
What are your current wheel centre to arch measurements? How much fuel?

P11L are usually 340-345mm front 345-350mm rear
WR15R/T are usually 330-335mm front 335-340mm rear.

Inverted strut ride heights are usually increased, particularly at the rear, due to increased gas pressure.

Koni inserts have lower ride heights - zero gas pressure.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
I have KYB excel g and the P11L springs, purchased from 2pot. The ride isn't rough by any means, and feels more balanced and controlled over bumps and around corners. My rear swaybar is slightly larger than the front, rear is from a gd and front a gc I believe. Even my pop who has back issues was amazed with the ride. He thought it would be bone jarring. I've run tanabe gf210 springs with agx and excel g and the tanabes were stiff. Also had some generic coilovers that an American company sold, extremely stiff no matter what height or preload they were adjusted to. Was considering KW coilovers, but worried the ride still wouldn't be comfortable enough and that they might require replacement too often.

Seems like the spring height matches the dampers' correct travel range well. Lowering too much can cause issues even with good dampers.

2pot is very knowledgeable on this subject and recommended the correct top hats to use as well.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
903 Posts
Wise to order matching bumpstops from 2pot while your at it. I believe that he suggests whiteline front top hats and not group n as they are too stiff.

Can't say it enough. Reach out to 2pot, he is full of info. And great to deal with!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts