Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 1999 gc8 and i went back from a stand alone plug and play link management ecu. Before that i was getting around 25 klm per gallon, around 15.5 MPG...and now that ive putted the std ecu im getting 12.5 MPG....i also got a NEW maf sensor.
My car now has (engine) :

perrin intake.
hks air filter
tomei header.
hks downpipe + cat back 3"+HKS hi power
440 inyector...yellow ones
255 walbro fuel pump
and i went back to td04 at 15psi.

How many MPG should i be getting ?? and what could the problem be ??
thanks for the help :)

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Your mileage should still be around 20mpg even with an exhaust and intake. Something is pretty wrong.

·
Registered
Green 97 OBS
1,840 Posts
Well those 440s + the 255 walbro will flow quite a bit of fuel. Perhaps you need some more fine tuning?

EDIT: 13.9 - 14.9 AFR when cruising is not bad. In fact that is around where you want to be for economy. Now when you get into boost it should be richer, like 12s area or less.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,835 Posts
so...to make sure i'm right...you're running a STOCK ecu with not stock injectors or fuel pump AND a turbo? i'm assuming since you're talking in MPG that youre in the US and have a USDM car that never came with those items.

if so..problem solved. that was not designed to run much more than your usual NA bolt ons..i'd say you have a lot more than that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, i live in peru, this car came with the yellow inyectors and im getting that mpg ( converted the kilometer per gallon im getting to mpg)
The engine is a ej205 this car is the same as the japaneese market gc8 wrx from 1999...the fuel pump is a walbro 255, the inyectors are stock, an the turbo is stock.

The problem is that im getting less mpg now witj stock things than when i eas running with..... Biggger turbo, sti tmic, link ecu stand alone, etc.
My ecu cant be tunned cause is the original one.
I cant find why im getting less mpg now :(..... And kida annoying

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.