Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i did some exhaust work yesterday, first i drove the front on wheel ramps and jacked up the rear on the rear diff. when i lowered the car back down and off the wheel ramps i noticed the back had a wheel gap of like 5-6"...WTF!!! i thought it was the shocked because that was the first time i raised up the back. i tried to push the rear of the car down and it was SOLD AS A ROCK. i looked under the rear sway bar was hung up on the lateral link:wtf: i have it on the stiffest setting, and the.... its hard to explain... but the tip of the sway bar, where the holes are, got stuck/hung up on the lateral link. has anyone else had this problem?

i jacked up one side of the rear and it went back down fine. but it only happened when i did the back under the rear diff. so both sides were being raised as the same time

EDIT: found a perfect pic

http://www.scoobytuner.com/images.original/291.jpg

· Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So when you re-installed the RSB, you had the car jacked up that the wheels were not touching the ground? Make sure to have both wheels on the ground when tightening things up back there.
i installed it about a month ago. and i did have the car on the ground. so the suspension was fully compressed, not raised up. when i jacked up the car, both sides at a time, the tip of the RSB were the 3 holes are were touching/resting on the lateral link that the endlink is on. so when i lowered the car down it was still resting on that lateral link.

· Registered
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
look at the bottom pic, do you see how much the tip of the sway bar (with the holes) stick out over the lateral link. now picture the suspension being raises. that tip of the RSB will come down touch the lateral link. mine went just a hair under it and it would not let it raise back up.

do you guys see what i mean now?

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/images/KBR20 Install.JPG

EDIT: found a PERFECT PIC

http://www.scoobytuner.com/images.original/291.jpg

this is exactly what im talking about ^^^^^^^

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
not sure, but the whole point of a aftermarket sway bar is to stiffen the suspension and stock endlinks definetly don't compliment that characteristic.

· EEEEP!!!!
Something Slow
2,210 Posts
Kartboy endlinks were made shorter to prevent this from happening, but as a side effect, it gets stuck on the top of the lateral link when the suspension droops. This reduces suspension travel a bit and puts weight on the lateral link also when you jack up the car lol.

here is a pic ... you can see the shortness and how much closer the RSB is to the lateral link,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.