Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
687 Posts
It's gonna take a bit more oil than that dude. 4 quarts is for a regular oil change. When you swap out the turbo you have to refill enough oil to run through the lines as well. Id at least do another 3/4 of a quart and run it.

In all honesty though the light usually only comes on when the car registers like a quart or less, so it should be off. Try idling the car.

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black 06 wrx swap
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's gonna take a bit more oil than that dude. 4 quarts is for a regular oil change. When you swap out the turbo you have to refill enough oil to run through the lines as well. Id at least do another 3/4 of a quart and run it.
I‘ll check it tomorrow before trying again. I saw a video on youtube someone cranked it 3 times for about 20-25 seconds each. is it time specific maybe i just need to crank it longer?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

In all honesty though the light usually only comes on when the car registers like a quart or less, so it should be off. Try idling the car.
the light is on during cranking. i read to prime it your supposed to pull the ignition fuse and crank it until the light goes off.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
NA ej25's take 4.4qts when replacing the filter, with oil cooler 4.5qts. some wrx's are spec'd at 4.4 quarts. most are 4.5 along with the sti..

the light should eventually go out while cranking, if the system is good that is, it can take some time.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NA ej25's take 4.4qts when replacing the filter, with oil cooler 4.5qts. some wrx's are spec'd at 4.4 quarts. most are 4.5 along with the sti..

the light should eventually go out while cranking, if the system is good that is, it can take some time.
I had 4 quarts in the in pan and about half a quart in the filter at the time. 06 wrx engine. The level after late night was slightly below the full. After half way priming it was at the halfway point so i put the rest of the half quart in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts