Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the garage tuning website, they have the prices of swaps, is it 5500 to swap an engine in, wiring, mounts and all, and additional for the engine or is it 5500 with engine and swap included. WRX motor btw.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
the $5500 includes the engine

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so 5500? the block or whole engine? because i would imagine 2.7k for the swap that would mean 2.8ish on the whole engine, how many miles would it have, or are they rebuilt engines?

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
why dont you just email GT?

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
$5500 for everything. You drop the car off, that's the price for the whole smash. It says that right on their page, but like these other folks have said, email or call them with specific questions. No point going through the middleman. :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i've got my answer its: 5500 for the whole thing. engine from y2k, labor and harness merge by them, they said about 3k labor 2.5k motor, sounds pretty flat to me. wrx swap, my new question would be if they are carb legal, will it still pass smog for visual inspection? since its a 2.5rs with a wrx engine

·
Registered
98 Red L 2.2L 5spd
343 Posts
just get a BAR sticker and you'll be all good. state ref will take care of it easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts