Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wedges' Biggest Fan!
2000, subaru, 2.5 rs impreza,
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting about 5k into the ol' RS. I am selling my crotch rocket to put a new engine tranny, suspension, engine & tranny mounts, etc. Now my question is; How much could I sell my RS engine for?

New work done to the stock EJ25.
-New headgaskets with re-milled heads
-New timing belt and all pullies, water pump
-New radiator
-New stock clutch for RS tranny
-Only thing not touched was the shortblock.

My engine and tranny currently have 138,000 miles on them.

I dumped 3k into my stock RS. Didnt plan on going turbo so soon, but how much could I sell my stock RS engine tranny for?

My thought have been;
Purchase a wrecked WRX and use the interior, seats carpet possibly dash.
Sell RS engine, Tranny Stock seats, etc.

Second thought;
Purchase all the necessities to swap.
I thought it would be best to purchase a wrecked WRX and use most of those parts for my RS.

Thoughts?

-Doug

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
you could probably get around $300 for the ole rs motor... maybe more since you did headgaskets and timing belt...

+1 for buying a wrecked wrx/sti. i'm sure if you're patient enough, you could find a good low mileage car within your price range

·
Registered
2x01 2.5RS, 97 gm4
2,208 Posts
i am selling my drivetrain to buy wrecked sti. i got ej20g with alot of new parts apexi pfc and rs tranny. if you plan on keeping the wrx motor stock then rs or wrx will hold it. if you will mod it then you need a tranny upgrade. wrx tranny has longer gears rs is shorter. if you like your rs tranny then keep it. i personaly love short gears. except i don't like driving it out of town. freeway mpg kills. and for your info i sold an rs motor for 515 or 550 this past winter. it had 97k and i never replaced anything in it. just the spark plugs.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You can buy my Ver5/6 STI ej207 front clip for under 5k.. If you want to spend a tad bit more, I do have a Type R ver5/6 with dccd for sale too.. So if I were you, I'd sell the 2.5 setup.. I've gotten about 500-750 on them before minus gearbox.. And another 300-500 on the gearbox..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts