Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been busy making/developing a few things out of carbon fiber which should be available in the coming weeks/months. Here's the first: a carbon v3/v4 bumper. I'm done with the center piece. It isn't perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with it. I have a mold made for one of the sides and should have the sides cranked out by the weekend. I got a bit excited and took pictures before I really got around to finishing the edges and wiping off all the mold release, but here you go: It'll look even better with clear coat.

This is one of the things I've been developing that's preventing me from working on my own car. There are other things that are a little more involved, and more creative. I'll be sure to post them as they become closer to available.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy L
2,390 Posts
thats sick dude. can u make a carbon ociari lip for the v5/6 . i bet you that would sell like hot cakes.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
thats sick dude. can u make a carbon ociari lip for the v5/6 . i bet you that would sell like hot cakes.
Do hot cakes still sell? I don't think they're doing as much as they used to. Especially with the market the way it is these days...

:lol:

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy L
2,390 Posts
Do hot cakes still sell? I don't think they're doing as much as they used to. Especially with the market the way it is these days...

:lol:
truuu but what if they where made by apple? haha. APPLE ihot cakes. that company can sell anything i swear.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy L
2,390 Posts
if you make a door panel make 1 that flushed nice with the gdb dash. im sure that will make a few dollars

·
Registered
99 Impreza RS rally blue pearl
705 Posts
No more than CF hood cracks. If it's made with the correct resin it will be fine for as long as you own the car, clear coating it ??? im not sure.

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Possibly. I'll have to have a look at it.

I can't wait to get my hands on one! I will be impatiently waiting.
I'll keep you posted.

Wow, you're not messing around.

CF roof skin, interior door panels and headliner would slay. No one sells that stuff.
Steve @ Aerosim will be making a cf roofskin. I'm making door panels eventually, but need to decide what I will offer on them (door handle, power window relocation, etc etc). Headliner...I'm not so sure. That would be cool but I don't think I have carbon sheets wide enough to make it without a seam. The mold size would be horrendous. I would need a shop to make something that big. I'm not allowed to work in the warehouse.

yeah roof skin!! I am still waiting on those.
Roof skins are a no, but the sunroof deletes are a yes. The only problem is, I don't have a sunroofed car, so I have to work off schedules of local peeps that do.

Carbon fiber DASHBOARD for the win.
Never happening. I don't have the kind of liability insurance or lack of care for you guys to do that. Even if I say its for offroad use only, its just not safe. One accident, and that dash will shatter and turn into carbon fiber knives that will very likely kill you. I know its a cool thought to have a carbon dash, but its just not safe. Maybe if it was coated in some sort of rubber it would prevent it from splintering into blades...i dunno. I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night knowing the safety hazard I created. If it is a sole race vehicle and you are serious about it, maybe its something I can make for you.

·
Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That v3/4 lip is sexxxy.

Will you offer one in ABS or PU as well? thanks
I don't have the ability to make it in either. I can make it in fiberglass, and can even do a rubber coated fiberglass, but polyurethane/ABS is out of my abilities. I might be able to convince the manufacturer that made the v6 lips to be able to do it, but I would prefer to have it made out of a material that I can make myself and have on hand as necessary.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts