Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current setup consists of OBX EL headers (catless) with 2.5" piping going through a 24" magnaflow resonator ending with an STi muffler. I like the deep and fairly quiet tone, but it's still pretty raspy. I have read that this is likely due to the STi muffler I am using. I just want the rasp gone, cuz it makes my car sound like poop.

My question to ya'll:

Would I get the results I am looking for (maintaining deep tone and quietness) if I replaced the STi muffler with another big resonator (no muffler), or is there simply another muffler I ought to put on there?

·
Registered
00 BE, 92 BC, 77 celica GT
2,192 Posts
If youre looking to stay on the quieter side of things.. the bola hush is a fantastic replacement for the STi axleback. All of the tone, none of the rasp

·
Registered
Green 97 OBS
1,840 Posts
Put the magnaflow oval muffler on it, not overly loud but still noticable. That's my setup, 2.5" custom catback with magnaflow res and muffler combo. I kept factory cats so I don't really know if just a better muffler will eliminate the rasp, but I know it'll sound better IMO than the STI muffler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.