Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might look to find a pre '97 WRX hood? I want to keep my current headlights and grille to be different, and I've gotten an offer to buy the scoop and vents, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to mount them on a hood designed for it as opposed to cutting mine up and hoping for the best! Any suggestions? Thanks!:help:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
My guess is that you'll have to import one from either Japan, Europe, or Australia, don't think you'll find any of them in the States. And I have no idea how you would go about finding someplace with one. Maybe Scoobynet could help, they're Euro, and might know some connections that could help you.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically you're saying that it'll be hard as hell to find one, and if I do, it'll be expensive as hell to get it over here? I think it'll be more trouble than it's worth! I should probably just stick to my original idea and just stick a scoop on the stock hood unless someone comes through with some amazing deal!
:curse:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Considering that we never got an Impreza over here with the hoodscoop and the old style headlights, out of country is really about the only option I can think of. Unless the first of the Impreza OBS wagons had the old-style headlight/hood combo, along with a scoop.... I'll look on ebay and see....

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
-Slap a scoop on what ya got.
-Do a RS conversion
-Check with a few rally teams, some still run the older WRX's.

***Shipping on a hood is ~$100, so find one close to home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts