Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS Brilliant Red
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on installing my pp6 this weekend and had few questions i couldn't really find by searching. Ultimately going boosted shortly but want to tune my N/A setup.

I want to run bigger injectors so I have a MAP sensor for deflection(not installed yet) and was wondering if i still need to run my MAF sensor on my 98RS or if I can fully switch it to the MAP.

Also, where is the best place to hook up the vacuum line for the MAP?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Eric

·
Registered
1997 Legacy Outback
487 Posts
The PP6 won't let you run a MAP (Speed Density) setup. The car will base it's fueling almost entirely on the MAF's voltage. You need a standalone to run a streetable speed density tune.

For bigger injectors, you'll need to pull MAF signal across the board. To do this, you need an OBD scanner that can read the fuel trims. The method is to first subtract the same percentage of MAF signal as you are increasing injector size in, then start the car, read the fuel trims, and adjust the MAF until it idles with fuel trims under +-5%.

For you MAP sensor, any of the intake manifold's vacuum nipples will work. Just tee it in there and use a tee fitting with a brass restrictor inline with the MAP sensor or else the signal will be crazy. Then, you can tune your car based on that MAP sensor and RPM.

I think I have a wiring diagram you can use posted somewhere, just search my posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.