Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has me very confuzzled.

It happens intermittently. Whenever I take a turn a bit quick (going relatively fast for a turn), just when the tires are about to start squealing, I get a total loss of power. I wouldn't normally be too worried about it, but this could be really dangerous. If I'm on my way out of a turn, when I should be accelerating and I can't... I could be in trouble. I don't have any check engine lights. I don't even know what this could be related to. Transmission? Differentials?

·
Premium Member
2000 BRP Coupe
599 Posts
You can sometimes hit the fuel cut problem, or if your spark plug wires are worn, you can sometimes lose spark to the plugs intermittently. I've had both happen, and you're right: neither are fun!

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
How much gas is in the tank? 1/4 or less is when I get fuel cut on sharp left turns.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooohhh, that could be it! Yea... actually, that was right before I filled up.. and it was a little bit less than 1/4 tank left. Ha! I just filled up, so I'm gonna go see if it happens again. Thanks Karatejoe.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
This is definetly a fueling issue, there are plenty of threads that the auto-x masters have created in order to solve this problem.

Although I don't think there are many solutions aside from external fuel pumps with surge tanks....

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, that's the issue. Storm is really great with these things, geez. He's like another Brydon or FalconRS.

Thanks everyone :sunny:

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
I first noticed it on a left turn but whatever If I get too serious Ill get a fuel cell until then 1/4tank=empty tank

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts
I thought it was loss of ability to spin tires whilst experiencing understeer.

<-- regular autocrosser for last 2 years, have only ever hit fuel cut in my car a couple times. on an autocross. solution? don't run with less than a quarter tank, DURRR :blol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts