Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza Outback Sport
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This started happening just today and it's driving me batty. 2001 Impreza Outback Sport with OEM keyless entry system. Everything worked properly on my last drive but today I go to unlock the car and noticed the fob only unlocked the driver's side door. So after some checking the situation now is kinda strange:

- Fob will only lock and unlock the driver's door. It will not unlock or lock any of the other doors. I do hear some kind of clicking behind the dash and the parking and dash lights flash but no actuators working.

- Holding UNLOCK down/pressing UNLOCK twice will no longer unlock all doors anymore. I do hear some kind clicking behind the dash and the parking and dash lights flash, but no actuators working.

- The central door lock switches on both the driver and passenger door are unresponsive. No clicking behind the dash, no light flashes, no actuators.

I've not touched the electrical system since I last parked it. The battery is still fully charged. Everything else seems to work normally in all the switch panels, the windows roll up and down with all switches. I checked the connections and wires on the keyless module and even reprogrammed both fobs I have but the above described behavior remains. Any insight would be super helpful!

Photos cuz everyone likes a thread better with photos.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza Outback Sport
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welp, the problem has resolved itself; everything is seemingly back to normal. That's worrying. Wonder what the hell happened. I'm guessing maybe some moisture got into some wiring and caused the issue but has since dried out. Total shot in the dark with that guess, though...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts