Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a way to distribute more power to the rear and less to the front? im wondering if there is a way to do it with having a DCCD tranny or completely welding the center diff.

im looking for something like a 15%F/85%R split. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2000 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
470 Posts
youd have to get a center differential that was designed for that split, afaik. probably different gears for it. welding it would give you a 50/50 split

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
The car already runs at 50/50. Unless it's an auto then it runs at 60/40.

If you weld the center diff you can make the car full rwd. Do a search.

·
Registered
1995 S14 w/S14 SR
1,323 Posts
there was a discussion about this a while back. Autos were supposed to be something like 90/10 and then dividing AWD when necessary all around. I'll try to find the topic

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Found it!

For autos:

"Under normal, dry pavement operation torque split is about 90% front and 10% rear. This distribution helps to compensate for the car’s weight distribution and resultant smaller effective rolling diameter of the front tires. As weight transfers to the rear of the vehicle, (i.e., under acceleration), the TCU shifts the torque split more toward the rear wheels. Under hard braking, torque is directed forward. Torque distribution is changed based upon how the vehicle is being driven."

Found here:
http://www.autoworld.com/news/Subaru/Subaru_All-Wheel.htm

Now, it really depends on the year of your car... I think this technology is fairly new... probably like 05 and up, but don't quote me on that. Other than that, I have read somewhere that L's and the 98-01 RS are all 50/50. If it was 90/10 all the time, boy that would suck.

·
Registered
1995 S14 w/S14 SR
1,323 Posts
That 90/10 split I believe is applicable to all years of automatic. I didn't hear anything which excludes any old years.

Manual torque split is 50/50.

I have no clue how to get a torque split like that without going with some special diff setup and/or DCCD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts