Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was cruising along a couple of days ago. I was pulling out of a gas station and there was a big puddle right as I was about to pull out. I knew there was a pothole under the puddle so I went really slow. Before I pulled up to it I saw a car to the left of me with a flat tire. I chuckled as I crawled up the the puddle.

I eased into the puddle waiting for the clunk and all of a sudden. SHI-BANG!! The right side of my car drops down about a foot into a pothole that was connected to hell. I pulled over freaking out to make sure my tire wasn't flat and my rim wasn't bent. It appeared to be okay. My steering wheel was cocked to the left though so I know I now need an alignment.

Just today I noticed my car is acting funny and making weird noises. When I accelerate from a stop I hear something that slides back then clunks. When I brake it sounds like it's sliding forward then clunks right near the front right tire. It almost sounds like it's coming from the glove box. I emptied out my glove box and made sure nothing was in the doors side pocket and tested it again. It still makes the sliding and clunking noise. What could this noise be? Looking up into the wheel well it looks like the shaft of my strut is almost bent a little. Could my strut be borked? I made a quick inspection under the car and everything seems to be in tact and not bent.

Also when I'm making right turns it feels almost like the weight of the car shifts to the left from the front right tire sloshing around.

If something is broken can I take any legal actions towards this gas station for not putting any signs out about this gaping hole in their exit? 4 days later they now have cones up blocking the exit. I'm sure many more people have fucked up suspension because of it. This totally sucks!

EDIT: damn't why can't I edit the title name? Yes I know I spelled weird wrong.

·
Registered
1995 S14 w/S14 SR
1,323 Posts
You spelled weird correctly.

It could really be anything. Time to upgrade is the only thing I could really say... Its impossible to diagnose as it could be anything in that corner of the car. The sliding back and forth clunk sounds like brake pads though.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
take the wheel off and see if everything looks normal, well thats the first thing i would do.

pic of pothole???

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You spelled weird correctly.

It could really be anything. Time to upgrade is the only thing I could really say... Its impossible to diagnose as it could be anything in that corner of the car. The sliding back and forth clunk sounds like brake pads though.
A mod must have did a Ninja edit.

Also I'm already upgraded.

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
well jack up that corner and give everything a wiggle. it sounds to me like you bent a control arm or possibly a tie rod. best thing to do would be to take your wheel off and take a picture of the suspension from a couple angles. including the strut tower area.

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You can see the water line is at 7½ inches so it's as if I drove off of and back onto a curb at 3 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts