Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Aspen White 2.5 RS Coupe
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I need some help here. I'm trying to get some
Potenza RE010 from Tirerack.com, if you choose the tire by tire size, you can find that it's 215/45/16. And that's what I want, but they have two selections, one is
RE010 LEFT and other is RE010 RIGHT, if you just pick LEFT
and select add to cart, it will add all 4 LEFT to your cart. Now,
are these RE101 directional? Does it mean that I'm supposed to get 2 RIGHT and 2 LEFT? Anyone knows about RE010?

I know RE010 aren't the greatest and the cheapest, but that's what they use for JDM STI imprezas, I just want to try out the JDM feel! :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
36 Posts
Do you mean that you are looking for the tire size to be 215/45R17's? The tires that come on the Imprezas in Europe with the UK OEM 17's are the RE011's. I am not sure about the RE010's but you should be buying half and half of the tires to make the left and right combination work.

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
You can always call or email TireRack. They are always very helpful. I'm not sure about the left and right, though. My guess is that you would need 2 lefts and 2 rights, but I have never seen this tire in person to verify if it is directional. Let us know what you find!

·
Registered
Aspen White 2.5 RS Coupe
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tirerack

well, I called them up already before I posted here
When the person asked me what is the tire size I need, I told him 215/45/16 and he said that's too small for my car, "we can't ship those to you, they are too small for the dealers specs" I was like... ehh... ok, then what size am I supposed to get? he said, 205/55/16, then I said, well, then give me that size for RE010. He said, they don't make those size, we can't ship them to you.

I was completely dumbfounded. I'll try the email.

The question I want to ask now is: from the tireracks website, they have two different kinds of RE010. One sets belongs to the "LEFT" category, another set belongs to the "RIGHT" category.
Should I order 2 left and 2 right?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
36 Posts
If you were to buy the set of tires, then yes you would want two left and two right. The reason is because the tread designed in slightly offset on each side in which you cannot use the right on the left and vice versa. But I know that you should stick to using a 205/55R16 or a 205/50R16. Both would be okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts