Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't shell out even one bill to someone with only 10 posts and zero trader rating. Really sucks that this happened to you, but like JaeILV2 said, you should have inspected everything before handing him the money.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,315 Posts
Calling it a "full swap" can be taken many ways, its all how you interpret it. I personally wouldn't have paid that much without front and rear subframes with all axles, hubs, wheels, mounts, full car harness with dccd, etc. Some people consider engine, transmission, all related wiring, brakes, etc a full swap though. Sucks you expected more but from his ad he states everything that was included. Unfortunately you didn't inspect everything closely enough to be sure you had everything you wanted.

I managed to get scammed by a guy who sold me an obliterated case he claimed only needed a hone but also had a huge gouge (supposedly caused during shipping) that necessitated sleeving. Wasn't much more I could have done considering I couldn't check it in person before buying but next time around there were things I did differently. Sucks to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
95 **** Piece
6,822 Posts
Soo the key to the car is missing
The front hubs/spindle
Crossmember /subframe
Steering rack
The gas pedle

All these items are needed to complete a full 2007 sti swap

The key has the imobilizer chip in it (essential)
Front hubs need to be 5x114.3 (essential 05-07)
Crossmember subframe(essential 07)
Steering rack (essential 06-07 I think)
Gas pedle run by wire (essential 07)

Tell me if I'm wrong

If u bought a 'full' 2007 sti swap and that shit was missing tell me u wouldn't be pissed...
Aside from the key I wouldn't expect any of that stuff to be there unless specifically stated by the seller. I have never once gotten a truly complete, dont have to buy anything else, swap...and I have swapped quite a few cars. Look at all the "I want to swap my car" threads, the same advice is in every single one: expect to spend an extra $1000-1500 on parts that you didn't know you needed, were missing, and just shit that always goes wrong.

I feel your pain. It sucks that projects never seem to go quite as planned, but I see no evidence of the seller doing wrong at this point.

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe
289 Posts
thats why i bought my swap from Y2kimports, u cant trust anyone now adays specially the sketchy ones.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Yeah, $8500 is alot of moola! Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
95 Posts
How did you not notice the steering rack/front crossmember was missing? Not exactly small parts.....

He does not say those parts are included. Full swap doesn't necessarily mean anything, full headlight swap? full seat swap? It's not a full swap unless the only original part left is the unibody?

It looks like you made assumptions about what was included...bad idea.

Trans 3k, brembos 1k, longblock 4k, ECU and swap wiring 1k, plus more. 9k in parts right there. Even if it didn't include everything you expected, you didn't really get ripped off.

·
Registered
2001 subaru impreza 2.5rs
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How did you not notice the steering rack/front crossmember was missing? Not exactly small parts.....

He does not say those parts are included. Full swap doesn't necessarily mean anything, full headlight swap? full seat swap?
Basically I just made sure the main parts were there. Ie engine trans. Honestly tho I wasn't prepaired to be missing parts. I wasn't in the mind set that I was gonna be missing parts but its all good. Shit happens. I boought all the extra parts I needed

Check out my swap journal tho

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
95 Posts
^not really.

I don't see anything that shows o4scooby scammed GC8Jets at all. O4scooby said he was selling X parts and it seems like X parts were delivered.

GC8Jets made the mistake of assuming it included everything he would ever need and wants the blame that mistake on O4Scooby.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
^not really.

I don't see anything that shows o4scooby scammed GC8Jets at all. O4scooby said he was selling X parts and it seems like X parts were delivered.

GC8Jets made the mistake of assuming it included everything he would ever need and wants the blame that mistake on O4Scooby.
Dude u don't know anything about our deal. U may have seen the original post on this site. But that doesn't mean I didn't ask for a detailed list of parts, which is what I did. And some of those parts that he listed were not included. But thanks for assuming u know what ur talking about k peace..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ok seriously the only conversation I had with the guy over this forum was 1 single pm. After that I had his phone number (direct contact). We texted about payment deals and what not. I asked for a write up he said he'd include all these extra parts which were never given. Honestly I'm over it. Its my word over his and he hasn't and probably won't ever respond so I really don't care what u guys think. The point of this was for u guys to take in to consideration when or if ever buying anything from this guy.

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
95 Posts
You came here calling him a scammer and based on the FS thread and what you had posted he is not. All you said was that it was supposed to be a full swap and full swap is supposed to include blah blah blah QQ . :rolleyes:

If he gave you a different list of parts that would be included in the sale and you didn't get them all, then should have started with that.

Dude u don't know anything about our deal. U may have seen the original post on this site. But that doesn't mean I didn't ask for a detailed list of parts, which is what I did. And some of those parts that he listed were not included. But thanks for assuming u know what ur talking about k peace..

·
Registered
2006 STI, 99STiL
192 Posts
Why is everyone jumping the OPs shit? It clearly says in the for sale thread:

"full wiring that's plug in play for a rs" If it is going to "play" after the install, you need the damn key

"I can send pictures and running videos of the motor before I pulled it." If the motor is running, then obviously it needs the key to go with the immobilizer and ecu

The other stuff, well, it is not listed, so like the others said we cannot comment on since it seems a lot of it was covered in texts and verbal conversations. To me the lack of a key is the single most important thing here. The lack of hubs and crossmember/steering rack sucks, but it will probably be easier to solve than the lack of a key if you do not have the programming chip for that car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank You to who defended me, I drove 22 hours straight and delivered all the parts to the guy,I included everything I said I would except I forgot the key at my house ,which I told him I would ship back asap.He got a hell of a deal on everything.Now he calls me a scammer and made to many assumptions about what he "Deserved" but not what I put in the parts list. This guy is immature I did nothing wrong to him, and into regards of me getting the money dropping the parts off and leaving right after....all I wanted to do was get a hotel and get some sleep.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
guy i seriously had to piece the entire suspension together. u never responded to me about shipping what was left of what i needed to finish the rest of the project. not to mension who ever did ur wireing harness knows absolutly nothing about wireing...

who forgets the key... or at least supply me with a vin for it...

honestly in the begining u were cool about the whole thing offering to help while i was doing the build and what not. and after i went throu everything after you jeted out of there i realized u must have pieced together like 5 different builds. i tryed to get a hold of you and u never responded or followed throu with shipping remaining parts..

honestly all in all i got what i payed for..

what ever tho. check out the build its done...

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t166732-gc8jets-rsti.html

21 - 40 of 42 Posts