Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I finished my Version 5 STi swap my car has been idling rough and it also won't hold steady rpms. It also won't idle high on cold starts.
There is two small hoses that come out underneath the turbo inlet tube. They run along side each other and they were cut so I have no idea where they go or what they do.
I'm thinking this problem may be vacuum related and those hoses could have something to do with it. I've been trying to figure out what this problem is for a while now and I'm lost as to what it is.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually don't have any and I won't be able to snap some until tomorrow.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
They look like they might be part of the fuel system, but it's kinda hard to tell.

They kinda look like the two lines in the lower right of this pic, but again, not really sure. Kinda just speculating.

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that looks like it could be it. Any idea where they go tho? I originally had them plugged but when I took those pics earlier I pulled the plug out and I noticed it ran considerably worse than what it did before so I believe they might be the cause of The problems I'm having with the car right now.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
I'll have to check when I get home but here are your pics.

·
Registered
98 RBP RSTI
105 Posts
those look like the ones that go to the charcoal canister which you dont have in the picture. I had the same problem on my version 5 when mine came unplugged it wouldnt hold idle

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
yep, you're right, charcoal canister. I had to get one from a salvage yard when I did my v5 swap

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot the help! I couldn't figure out at all what those did. Where would I mount the canister at tho?

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nvm I just looked at ur engine bay pic and I see what to get now and where to mount it.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
I can't remember off the top of my head. I just went to a salvage yard and looked around until I found one haha

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I actually got one now lol. My dad's a car dealer and he had a few Subaru parts car's one of which was a 96 legacy that had one on it.
I won't be able to put it on until tonight tho and hopefully my car will finally run like it should!

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That still didn't fix it... I'm going to pull the plugs tomorrow and check them out but I doubt that's the problem because it doesn't really feel like it's missing.
I've only really driven this a few miles at the most due to the fact that it hasn't really been running the greatest.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
How much do your RPMs fluctuate? Your IAC could be the culprit. My engines RPMs would bounce. Turned out one of the pins was corroded on my IAC

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They don't fluctuate much maybe around 100 rpm? But it also won't hold steady rpms while holding the throttle. I already replaced my iacv with the one from the rs motor and if I unplug it, it will have a very rough idle to it then. So I don't really suspect it to be that.

·
Registered
95 LSTI
191 Posts
Im not familiar w/ the V5 engine but my Ej20g has a rough idle. my rough idle is because my coils are bad it fouls the spark plugs. my coils are on order. possibly check your spark plugs. it could be a easy indication on if your can has misfire and tell you how the engine is burning or not burning the fuel. possibly clean the plugs as well and see what happens. second thought, possibly clogged injector, could need a injector flush/cleaning. Hopefully its not the IACV since you said you replaced it. My EJ20g's IACV was screwed because coolant sat in it and caused it to lock up. when i first started my swap my care idled at 2200rpms! Lastly, have you replaced your fuel filter? probably not the issue but it could help your injectors. hope this helps man. its running, just got work out bugs and your all set! good luck

·
Registered
2000 RS Sedan SRP
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I haven't replaced my fuel filter and it definitely needs it to. The coil pack does seem like a likely candidate for this as well. I'll have to check both of these. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts