Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
nah QLD, but they have a retailer in melb. the SC is going to be pretty expensive + 160kw atw will out heaps of strain on the gbox and engine eventually parts will need repacing and will need internal mods. if u bought it NA keep it NA thats just my 2c
Oh, of coarse.. i wouldnt waste money on a N/A in that department.. but it is quite impressive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
^^^
the price of the kit is pretty deer. $4400. i reckon i could probably trade in my car and then use the 4500 to buy a wrx...
but i definately can say that it would be fun to have a built supercharged subaru over a standard wrx. if i had the money to splash around. my 2c.

·
Registered
48 Posts
G'day guys,
Been lurking the forum for a while, thought I better throw up a post!!
From Melbourne North East.
Mods:
Sony Explod HU & JBL amp/sub,colourcode skirts, tint windows, Borla (UEL) replicas & 2 1/2" custom diffback with Supercat Stainless Oval muffler, painted calipers, ANZ Mach5 17x7" gold rims with Silverstone FTZ Sport Evol-8 (215x45), front & rear Strut Braces, custom CAI with K&N Panel filter, ChargeSpeed CF grille, H&R Sport springs going on this Friday, STI rear Spats & STI style rear window CF spoiler on Saturday :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
G'day guys,
Been lurking the forum for a while, thought I better throw up a post!!
From Melbourne North East.
Mods:
Sony Explod HU & JBL amp/sub,colourcode skirts, tint windows, Borla (UEL) replicas & 2 1/2" custom diffback with Supercat Stainless Oval muffler, painted calipers, ANZ Mach5 17x7" gold rims with Silverstone FTZ Sport Evol-8 (215x45), front & rear Strut Braces, custom CAI with K&N Panel filter, ChargeSpeed CF grille, H&R Sport springs going on this Friday, STI rear Spats & STI style rear window CF spoiler on Saturday :p
Pics or Ban!

·
Registered
2001 wrx
102 Posts
^^^
the price of the kit is pretty deer. $4400. i reckon i could probably trade in my car and then use the 4500 to buy a wrx...
but i definately can say that it would be fun to have a built supercharged subaru over a standard wrx. if i had the money to splash around. my 2c.
lol bit cheaper than the avo turbo kit tho. close to $10k drive in drive out.
if u had the money to splash around why not just get an sti over sc rs...:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, i know :p but i had to see how his beast was comming along.. havnt seen pics of it since he got the skirts done..

Looking awesome though! cant wait for the springs..
Cheers mate, you reckon you can't wait for the springs??
I've been hanging out for about 8 weeks, there were none in the country for GDs, but Adam (TU) came through and chased up a set :drool:

·
Registered
MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
1,173 Posts
Hello all

Tim here from Raptor Superchargers, have just purchased a MY05RS and will be doing up a full thread on supercharger install and subsequent power gains and other juicy information

Been down this road years ago, extreme pressure from Subaru owners has brought me back to this again.

Anyhow, hoping to have an enjoyable time here and share a few tricks of the Trade with those who would like to know them

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Davey

Tell me about that turbo kit and what it costs on the car running and tuned, would like to hear what you know about it.

Will produce this kit for best price I can

·
Registered
2001 wrx
102 Posts
well i talked to avo a while back and they said they had only sold a few turbo kits, i cant exactly remember what the kit costs to buy itself, but they quoted $9000-10000 drive in drive out. So i really dont see the pourpose in their kits when you can get a full wrx conversion inc, drivetrain, gearbox, brakes, suspenision and a tune for $10000 as i have been quoted from a workshop that specializes in subarus.
ive seen the kit on the 2.5 rs that you posted on youtube, very impressive. what figures did you have in mind for that kit?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Davey

Looking around $4700 non intercooled and if you DIY then thats all it will cost

·
Registered
2001 wrx
102 Posts
it would run pretty hot if its not intercooled wouldnt it? that price sounds more realistic than the avo kit, but its still expensive. you have to put into mind that people have to see the reason in buying this kit in comparason to upgrading to a wrx. if it was priced around the same as the Swift kit you have + intercooling you would sell twice as many kits and it would be a real option for most rx/rs drivers compared to upgrading to a wrx.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
davey

It might seem expensive but its the cheapest kit we do (the Swift kit is Taiwanese) and certainly lower priced than anything else. In our market survey we put forward a price of $5500 and everyone was happy with that, now its at $4700 it will be fine. I could probably sell cheaper kits but that never results in happy customers as I have to leave out important parts which will kill reliability of the engine. Our philosophy from day 1 in this business is do it right even if we end up a bit more expensive.

That thinking now sees us as a very trusted supplier in the Holden Commodore scene with market share going our way big time even tho the other systems are cheaper (and nastier).

We'd rather not do it at all rather than half do it, for now no one apart from some obviously expensive turbo setups (which obviously sell also) sell anything much for the Subaru engines. We have export orders waiting for us in Greece, UK and the USA and we were up front about pricing from day one. If ultimately it didn't pan out then we will still have had a lot of fun with our RS anyway :)

As for running hot on 6psi ....... no chance, very little energy is required to make 6psi happen and consequently very little heating. With a nice cold air intake this 6psi kit will be just the ticket to wake the EJs from their slumber :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
davey's tricks

Davey

You gonna have to humour me bud, not up with this GC bit .......... Subaru speak that I am still learning :D How about a pic of your GC8 RX ......

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS wagon
246 Posts
you have to put into mind that people have to see the reason in buying this kit in comparason to upgrading to a wrx.
I looked at that option, it would cost me about the same to trade in on a WRX of same age/km, and who knows how it's been treated...

big bonus for me, it's about 3-4 times cheaper to insure a supercharged RS than a WRX :wtf:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Buying a used WRX is a major "pig in a bag" kind of proposition, there are some nice lady owner 2nd hand units out there that would be a great buy but many have had a dodgy bleed valved fitted at one time or other leading to lean outs etc..

A person with a nice RS with a known history (usually not flogged anyway) could add a charger kit set up properly and have a decent car with lower insurance premiums.
Anyhow won't go into the WRX thing anymore, we have the item coming up for RS owners and all other Subarus with EJ20 and EJ25.

61 - 80 of 269 Posts