Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
RS impreza MY03
30 Posts
red

I live on the north coast if NSW.I have a red 2003 rs impreza no mods maybe down the track,I only want to replace the stereo and speakers at the moment. I think Im going in the way of Alpine ,I have only owned it for 3 months and totally love it.:burnout:

·
Registered
2003, RS 2.5, White
59 Posts
I live in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, White my03 RS Just clocked 90000Klms still on original tyres Service say still have another 10 -15000 Klms before needing replacement.
Current Mods are suspension Polyurethane bushes on front sway bar and steering rack, strut bars front and rear. Next will be a rear sway bar with poly. bushes. This is my third suby. Don't you just love 'em... in the wet

·
Registered
2003, RS 2.5, White
59 Posts
Hi Any body else get their Flywheel replaced

When I was haveing the car serviced they informed me about the rattle was from the flywheel With some discussion it was replaced although the car was out of warranty. Any body else have this issue? L...

·
Registered
MY05 2.5RS blek wagon!
417 Posts
I live in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, White my03 RS Just clocked 90000Klms still on original tyres Service say still have another 10 -15000 Klms before needing replacement.
Current Mods are suspension Polyurethane bushes on front sway bar and steering rack, strut bars front and rear. Next will be a rear sway bar with poly. bushes. This is my third suby. Don't you just love 'em... in the wet
FSB first, and no RSB!? :wtf:
Oh well, everyone does it differently.:p

22mm RSB was first mod for me! :burnout:

·
Registered
2003, RS 2.5, White
59 Posts
With the RSB up sizing to 22mm, did you upgrade the endlinks, and if not have you had any problems, my concern would be that going to that size are the endlinks up to the job.

·
Registered
MY05 2.5RS blek wagon!
417 Posts
Yep, I also did HD links aswell.
Some (wrx) people have had 22mm RSB with stock links for yonks and no problems, although I have hears stories of people breaking them. I figured it was better safe than sorry.

Scour the FS sections on www.wrx.com.au or www.rexnet.com.au they occasionally pop up.
or if you want new:
www.tuspeed.com

(Adam is in PascoeVale South for all you Melb people!! (or Aus people - he ships stuff! :) )

Definetly do a 22mm Rear - undoubtedly the best modification I've done to my car (and there's been a few!:p)

·
Registered
3 Posts
well got a QLD'er here, up Townsville way, had my 08 RS for a couple of months now no mods as of yet tring to sort out a new house before then

·
Registered
'05 Impreza RS, Crystal Grey w
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Welcome mate.

Don't waste your time with braces - swaybars are where it's at. ;)
I 2nd that. RSB was by far the best mod i've done. Car is SOOOO much more fun with a decent one.
I went with the whiteline 22mm adjustable rsb with the upgraded endlinks and haven't looked back. However since going to the 18" wheels it doesn't seem as good. Maybe cause I'm on relatively cheap rubber compared to the Michelin Pilots that come stock with our cars...dunno

·
Registered
2003, RS 2.5, White
59 Posts
IMO you can have all the suspension mods in the world done but without really good rubber on it isn't worth Jack Sh_t. I'm a great fan of the original rubber that came with the RS, Michelin Pilots, and that's what I'm trying to source now for replacements after 92000 Klms on the originals.

·
Registered
MY05 2.5RS blek wagon!
417 Posts
^Agreed about the good rubber thing.

Haven't used the pilots, mine came with the WRX 17s & RE050As (which the WRX comes with), which were great.
Now have the Falken FK452s, which are ok. In the same league, just not quite as good.
Next will be the Bridgestone RE001s.

(I like tyres that dont last much more than 30k kms.:noes: :lol: )

·
Registered
3 Posts
ive heard ppl giving the yokies on the 08's a bad name, i haveint had a problem with em yet its only just uptp 6000km thou, no noise, i havent either had enough balls or stupid enough to push the car till it breaks traction yet.

i must say though, sway bars would be ideal, all ive heard from alot of folks in previous models is RSB is needed to get rid of understeer. an with the new 08 its obviously a "girlier" model produced for the masses with more understeer. i think ive gotten used to it by now though, which i suppose has made me into a girly driver :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
hay guys, i am in Perth. Northers Suburbs.
drive a white MY04 Wagon. in love with it. all it has is a CAI, full custom exhaust and STi gold wheels.

Hi Jez, do you mean sells or mods? I'm taking it as mods in which case I have no idea. I would like to get a list together of places that people know mod RS's and mod them well. Please someone start a new post with places they know.
^^ awesome idea.
places that tune RS's are hard to come buy. most of the time i am just told to sell my car and buy a rex, or get a swap done, that said, here in WA the only place that has been accomodating is maximum motorsports and japanese wholesale spares.

good to see some aussies in the mix.

·
Registered
MY05 2.5RS blek wagon!
417 Posts
^you cant tune Aust. 01-05 N/As - they're MAP.

There's only one or two places in the US that does it, let alone little us.

As for parts, again, the N/A Subaru tuning scene isn't massive, mainly because the gains are minimal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
^you cant tune Aust. 01-05 N/As - they're MAP.

There's only one or two places in the US that does it, let alone little us.

As for parts, again, the N/A Subaru tuning scene isn't massive, mainly because the gains are minimal.
Raptor (a Melbourne company i think) have developed a supercharger kit for the 2.5 RS.. gives about 160kw atw. quite impressive.

·
Registered
2001 wrx
102 Posts
Raptor (a Melbourne company i think) have developed a supercharger kit for the 2.5 RS.. gives about 160kw atw. quite impressive.
nah QLD, but they have a retailer in melb. the SC is going to be pretty expensive + 160kw atw will out heaps of strain on the gbox and engine eventually parts will need repacing and will need internal mods. if u bought it NA keep it NA thats just my 2c

41 - 60 of 269 Posts