Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for the GC chassis RS, I've got a question regarding the exhaust. There's a bracket hanging just past where the cat ties into the midpipe, that has a nut wielded onto the back of the bracket, and one skinny bolt that goes through the metal arm of the cat, and through the bracket.

Somewhere in changing out my clutch I lost that bolt :bonk:, and simply can not find it, and I'm not confident that the zipties I've got in there wont just melt off. I would source it... but I have no idea what the thread size is...

So my question is this, Anyone know what the thread sizing is, or would anyone be willing to go and find out for me :help:? Thanks for any help in advance, it's greatly appreciatied :)

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Personally I would just go to the hardware store and buy several in different thread pitches that look like they are the right size. Honestly bolts cost between a nickel and a buck fifty. Worst case scenario take them back for your money back or keep them as a stash. I stash mine personally.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
1,021 Posts
That is by far not the most random question ever. The most random question ever would be like...

So I was making some pasta in my radiator with the hot coolant water, would it be better to warm up the sauce on the exhuast or should I just replace all the coolant with sauce to heat it up?

If it is any help though its prally a metric coarse thread nut

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally I would just go to the hardware store and buy several in different thread pitches that look like they are the right size. Honestly bolts cost between a nickel and a buck fifty. Worst case scenario take them back for your money back or keep them as a stash. I stash mine personally.
This is probably what I'll end up doing, I just thought if anyone had their exhaust off anyway, or was really-REALLY bored I might get lucky :lol:

That is by far not the most random question ever. The most random question ever would be like...

So I was making some pasta in my radiator with the hot coolant water, would it be better to warm up the sauce on the exhuast or should I just replace all the coolant with sauce to heat it up?

If it is any help though its prally a metric coarse thread nut
:rotflmao: Coolant pasta-sauce does sound delicious...

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Like rage said its going to be metric and it will prolly be 1.25 or 1.5 thread pitch. Then its a matter or getting the right diameter. I would say if you picked up 6 bolts you should be able to find the right one. Shouldn't be out more than 3 bucks or so.

·
Premium Member
2005 rs silver
1,313 Posts
get a smaller bolt that will slip right through and put a nut, washers, and lock washers on it and wammy u got a blender... i mean a exhaust bolt.... thats wat i did for mine... can i get a tally on how many people have lost that mother fuckin bolt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts