Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if the 2,5 rs block is the same as the sti block if i just changed all the internals with sti internals and got DOHC heads?? If not where can you find complete wrx motors for not to much $$$$ ive searched and searched and get a bunch of dead end sites any help will be appreciated...

thnx

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
This gets asked once every two days. No the block is not the same but you can put STI rods and pistons in the RS case which is good for around 400Whp with supporting mods. But the easiest way to get the bottom end you want is to just buy wiseco pistons. low compression and made for your block. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
amorton said:
I feel bad for Brydon, he just went through this for the last week
Like every week. I answer this same question so many times. I still think the cheapest eastest way is with Wiseco pistons. $400 for a low compression motor with realy nice pistons vs $1600 for a shortblock. If you have a lot over 100k miles I would think about bearings. If not, then I wouldn't worry about it at RS power and rev level they should be good.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well your information was / is helpful. I was going to buy Eagle rods until I read some of your posts on the other thread. Its a 22T but same principal only looking for 300-350 WHP. Saved me $300, not including new seals for the block.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
endofhartake said:
so once installing low compression pistons, how much could you bump up the boost pressure?
depending on turbo and supporting mods but i would say 15-18psi on any turbo is pretty doable.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Skully said:
30+ PSI sounds like a good number... dont you agree Brydon :p

-Thomas
30psi is always a good number but alot of people can't even make that. Take a td04 or vf39. Pull the vacuum line on the wastegate and you will only be at 18psi at redline. The turbo just doesn't have 30psi in it.

·
Premium Member
2001 Impreza OBS
2,180 Posts
Yeah, the military has been keeping me busy.. you will be seeing/hearing a lot more of me when i get home in august... i got a suprise for the board.. It will be ummmm.... interesting to say the least. :D

-Thomas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts