Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my car. i dont know what the previous owner did but the passenger rear wheel camber is positive. i've been searching around trying to figure out if there is a way to adjust the rear camber at all.

the car is 98 rs

I just want to know what options i have to fix it and maybe some things i should check for being bent.

the tow on that wheel was also in a lot so i eyballed if for now and will get an alignment when i fix the camber probelem.

Are camber bolts my only choice for correction?
where can i find some online?

is there no way to adjust rear camber with stock suspension?

what other options do i have? maybe i should try replacing something?

06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,630 Posts
Rear camber is not adjustable without aftermarket camber bolts or camber plates. So, if you don't have either of those, and you have positive camber (stock is -1.1) then something is bent.. probably your lateral links.

Also, your toe should be at 0.0. Toe is adjustable without any aftermarket parts. Again, bent lateral links could cause toe alignment problems.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i corrected the toe as best as i could i guess ill look into getting some lateral links.

are there such things as adjustable lateral links? brand?

do they make rear camber plates? i thought they only made ones for the fronts?

what other subarus can i get lateral links from or do i only have to use impreza ones.

· Registered
336 Posts
I don't know about you but my 98 and 99 RS both have rear camber adjustment stock. I know this because I've done my own alignment and can get up to -1.3 with the stock bolts. Most L models didnt come with adj. rear camber bolts. Check how much positive camber, if it's not within the factory specs then it could be something else like previously mentioned.

If your car doesn't have adj. rear bolts for some reason, go to the junkyard and ask for the front upper camber bolts off an impreza and use them for the rear. Should cost about 5-10 bucks.

06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,630 Posts
Yeah, there are adjustable lateral links.. Whiteline is the first that comes to mind. I think Noltec and OBX make them too.. If you want to upgrade, you could also look into the STi pink lateral links. They aren't adjustable but they use pillowball bushings instead of regular rubber bushings.

Whiteline and Noltec also make rear camber plates, though Noltec is out of business, and I think the Whiteline ones may be discontinued.

You can use lateral links from any 93-01 Impreza, 02-07 non-WRX non-STi Impreza Wagon, 90-99 Legacy, and I'm pretty sure 98-02 Forester also use the same ones.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill check the bolts again i loosened them up and was about to take them out but it got dark so i tighten everything back up from what i remember tho they were just regular bolts.

quick ? how do i know what model i have?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.