Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS BRP
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a get together Friday evening in Portland?

Since I am "semi-new" to the area I am open to suggestions for locations.

:)

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I would if I could, but I'm going to be out of town. Anyways, what kind of get-together are you looking for? I pretty much grew up in Beaverton, and now live in Portland, so I know a few things to do. Not tons, but a few. I can't make it, but I could throw some ideas your way!

·
Registered
2000 RS BRP
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought it would be nice to get to meet some of the locals. Kinda a meet & greet sort of thing, nothing fancy! Maybe some carting? Seems like there are activities going on up North...was hoping for something like that a little closer to home.

It doesn't have to be this coming Friday...maybe another one later this month.

Also, there is the Friday night TSD rally on the 16th, anyone up for that event?
:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you run the Friday Nighter's before? They are typically "course" rallies rather than "touring" rallies. I have little patience for "course" rallies, as I typically get lost. :( I love the "touring" variety. :D

I'd be up for doing something this weekend... except that I haven't been home for a weekend in 4 weeks. I kinda feel like laying around and doing nothing.

If you're still desperate for something to do next weekend, I'll join you for a Friday Night rally. You navigate, 'cause I sure can't. There's nothing worse than lost and carsick. :barf:

Keep me posted.

Andy

·
Registered
2000 RS BRP
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to try the Friday nighter as a driver...already have my navigator lined up. :D

Did the TRNT yesterday as a 1st time navigator. No carsickness (thank goodness) and only I got us lost once! :curse: :lol: It was LOADS of fun...great twistys, perfect weather, and wonderful scenery. Would love to do it in the dark next year! WOOO HOOO!

So what about this coming Saturday....carting anyone??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glad to hear that TRNT was fun. I can't wait to hear the stories. :D

My usual navigator rocks!!! We've driven TRNT and Thunderbird together and not made a single wrong turn. As far as staying on time... your mileage may vary. At TRNT in 2000, we took 555 penalty points (200+ of them on the first 3 checkpoints) to claim first place. This last winter in BC, we took significantly more penalties (mostly driver induced), but still managed a mid-pack finish.

If we go carting (Hot Tracks in Vancouver) on Saturday, it needs to be early. Like noon-ish. My parents are coming in from out of town on Saturday, but won't be in until late afternoon. And Sunday is completely shot, I wouldn't even make it to an autocross if we had one.

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts