Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 heart break coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this GM4 back in July of 2013. Haven't really some much since I got it. The gentleman I purchased the vehicle from was kind enough to sell the car with new BC coils new Rota rims and we tires. Things I have done to the car are set the coils to a better ride height, installed amber corner lights, rally armor universal mud flaps and RS side skirts. Also equipped an AutoZone intake with a Weapon R pod filter I had laying around. My plans for this car are of course go with turbo or H6 motor. Debating between 205, 207, or H6. But my main focus as of know is suspension and handling. I do plan on AutoXing this car. I'm just trying to fine the right parts at the right price. Struts bars and sway bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 heart break coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering going RWD. Thanks to talking to my buddy azer408. I have some spare parts laying around. When I get more time, I'm going to take a look at them and see what I have for the conversion. Stay tuned

·
Registered
99 heart break coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Current update: recently attended the AutoX/SCCA event. Got into a little bit of an accident on my rotas and had to get a new wheel set up. Found some Oz Superleggras for a good price. And wrapped some used Bridgestone potenzas on them. Felt good. Raised the car about .5 inches all around and recently installed a corbeau bucket seat. Will post pictures when I can. Currently using my phone as a source of Internet. Hahaha

·
Registered
99 heart break coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy hell I haven't updated this in years. Hahaha

From my last post to now:

-Messed up on a moutain run with the homies and under steered into the guard rail. Messed up my whole passenger side. Front fron corner light to tail light. Cracked 2 wheels, corner light and tail light.

-Someone dented the LR quarter panel at my work parking lot. Tried ti straighten the panel and bonds on it and call it good lol

-Someone backed into my driver side door and left a huge dent.

-Installed rear over fenders to hide the damage. Still looks like shit.

-Found and installed white passenger side door

-reteo fitted my headlights and installed HIDs

-got super lucky and found an RS hood and side skirts at picknpull during half of sale.

-bought a compass pack

-bought 04 wrx seats

-bought some Ray's 57c in 17x8.5. Wrapped federal ss595s

-replaced my RF coilover due to blowing int while commuting

-installed high beam wiring for projectors.

-was gifted rear seats and JDM taillights from the homie

-bought lifetime alignment 01/01/2020

Damn that was really long hahaha

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
494 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage to your ride, sounds like there are a lot of inconsiderate drivers in your area. Kinda gets me worked up, but anyway...

Figured I'd drop my two cents as I recently got my EZ30 swap going. It's great fun to drive and the sound cannot be beat. Lots of torque, just let the clutch out with no gas and it takes off. However, it's not as fast as a turbo 4 banger can potentially be. I had a 2.2 frankenmotor with a td04 at about 18psi before and it was nuts, and that's a far cry from what can be done with the H4's.

Still feels plenty fast with the H6 though, and happily breaks the tires loose in first gear. And I'm sure adding boost to the H6 will be nuts (I'll let you know), just more custom work and expense.

Also, if you still plan on auto crossing it, I'd recommend not converting to RWD, and going H6.

Well I'm outta wind. Looking forward to more updates and seeing where you take this.

Edit: Oh ya, L bumper FTW!!!

·
Registered
99 heart break coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Digging the style and definitely like the L bumper!
Thanks bud. Always liked the RS bumper and actually have one in the garage that needs some work. But I always liked being different. When I go to the first gen meet ups or car meets, everyone has the same stuff. Nothing against anyone else and their builds. Just trying to stand out a bit. Really want a Cwest or some other aftermarket bumper hahaha

·
Registered
99 heart break coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear about the damage to your ride, sounds like there are a lot of inconsiderate drivers in your area. Kinda gets me worked up, but anyway...

Figured I'd drop my two cents as I recently got my EZ30 swap going. It's great fun to drive and the sound cannot be beat. Lots of torque, just let the clutch out with no gas and it takes off. However, it's not as fast as a turbo 4 banger can potentially be. I had a 2.2 frankenmotor with a td04 at about 18psi before and it was nuts, and that's a far cry from what can be done with the H4's.

Still feels plenty fast with the H6 though, and happily breaks the tires loose in first gear. And I'm sure adding boost to the H6 will be nuts (I'll let you know), just more custom work and expense.

Also, if you still plan on auto crossing it, I'd recommend not converting to RWD, and going H6.

Well I'm outta wind. Looking forward to more updates and seeing where you take this.

Edit: Oh ya, L bumper FTW!!!
Thanks for the advice and insight. I wrote thinking about going RWD while I was younger. Have an AE86(that doesnt run lol) now and dont want to RWD the impreza anymore. I have been thinking about just boosting my 2.2 in the car rn. Just dont know about fuel managing and ECU tuning. Not too great at those. But a really good friend of mine is actually trying to sell me his WRX with a hybrid swap and I got to thinking I might just pull that out and put it in my coupe lol! But we'll see.

Still interested in the H6. But like you and everyone I see online say, I think I'll just go H4 first. When I get my own place and some funds up, maybe I'll buy one to build and try it out.

Definitely going to subscribe to your build log. Cheers 🍻💪🤙

1 - 13 of 13 Posts